Sponsored by:

Replacement plastic ball cup?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:20 PM
rich07
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement plastic ball cup?

Hi Guys, my wife recently bought a 1999 2.5 boxster, i've got to say i'm very impressed with it, and pleased that it's now the second Porsche in our family as i have a 928 Gt

I've fixed a couple of little things on the boxster, the captive nuts that secure the soft top lock were stripped and the po had used blue tack or sealer to hold the bolts in place, nice. The other problem i have found is also to do with the convertable roof, on either side of the car as you look down where the roof folds away, there is an arm attached to the motor that opens and closes the roof, the n/s arm, with a plastic ball cup is broken. I have read a few posts in the archives so replacement is fairly straight forward but means buying a complete arm from Porsche, does anyone know where i can buy a replacement ball cup on it's own? The o/s arm has already been replaced as the new ball cup is white and not red like the original on the n/s...

cheers Rich
Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 753 Likes on 406 Posts

Yes, go onto Ebay and type in "boxster top cap" in the search bar. It will bring up what you want. He sells just the ball caps for those convertible top levers.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:13 AM
rich07
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Many thanks, i have bought a pair from ebay thanks to your help, $42 dollars is not cheap for two bits of plastic but hey i've saved a few pounds and will keep the wife happy, cheers for your help!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Carreralicious
Rennlist Member

Received 753 Likes on 406 Posts

Glad I could help. Make sure that when you install the new ball cap that you screw it on at the exact position where the old cap used to be (mark the old positioning with some nail polish or something). If your final position is off, the cap will most likely snap again.

Originally Posted by rich07
Many thanks, i have bought a pair from ebay thanks to your help, $42 dollars is not cheap for two bits of plastic but hey i've saved a few pounds and will keep the wife happy, cheers for your help!

Quick Reply: Replacement plastic ball cup?