Sponsored by:

Sun Shade for the Boxster

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 08:04 PM
bic
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sun Shade for the Boxster

Any recommendations as to what fits the 986/blocks out the sun well? I'm spending the summer in Vegas so I need something to help keep out that scorching desert heat. Links to where I can buy one online would be greatly appreciated but bonus points if I can pick one up at a local store (i.e. Pep Boys, Autozone, Walmart, etc.).

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2009, 01:57 PM
chuckd94
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a cheap one from Walmart. Its silver in color with two flexible hoops. It works fine and fits nicely under the passenger seat when folded. I don't think there is any need to spend big money on an expensive sun shade.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:08 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckd94
I just bought a cheap one from Walmart. Its silver in color with two flexible hoops. It works fine and fits nicely under the passenger seat when folded. I don't think there is any need to spend big money on an expensive sun shade.
Same here. I'm using one I've had since about 1999. It doesn't fit perfectly - it's a little big but it works just fine. I don't remember what I paid but it was probably about $10. It's also silver reflective on the outside and does the job.

Quick Reply: Sun Shade for the Boxster