Sponsored by:

No throttle response 2002 Boxster S

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 08:35 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No throttle response 2002 Boxster S

Here is the history of my throttle problem...

Have had the engine rev from time to time at an idle around 1100 to 1500 rpm's, then settle back down with engine hot and cold. This comes and goes.

Was at Lime Rock Wed and Thursd and had the throttle response totally shut off. The car was still at a normal idle but the throttle would not respond. Upon turning the key off then turning it back on the throttle worked.

Here are the following codes that were generated...

1126 O2 sensor
1123 or 1133, not sure which one is correct

The codes happened at different times and the clusters indicate they happened at the same time.

Interesting that none of the above codes are related to a throttle code. I feel like an idiot that I cannot find the paper where I wrote down what these error codes are for. A tech had a computer there to scan the car.

I went down to a lower run group to lower my speeds to see if it would happen again as we cleared the codes. It happened 2 more times

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this?

Anybody have this or a similar experience before?

Thanks in advance for the info,

Mike
Old 04-18-2009, 12:42 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts
Default No experience but my thoughts based on analysis of the error codes...

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Here is the history of my throttle problem...

Have had the engine rev from time to time at an idle around 1100 to 1500 rpm's, then settle back down with engine hot and cold. This comes and goes.

Was at Lime Rock Wed and Thursd and had the throttle response totally shut off. The car was still at a normal idle but the throttle would not respond. Upon turning the key off then turning it back on the throttle worked.

Here are the following codes that were generated...

1126 O2 sensor
1123 or 1133, not sure which one is correct

The codes happened at different times and the clusters indicate they happened at the same time.

Interesting that none of the above codes are related to a throttle code. I feel like an idiot that I cannot find the paper where I wrote down what these error codes are for. A tech had a computer there to scan the car.

I went down to a lower run group to lower my speeds to see if it would happen again as we cleared the codes. It happened 2 more times

Any thoughts as to what might be causing this?

Anybody have this or a similar experience before?

Thanks in advance for the info,

Mike
"P1126 O2 sensor". No. Oxygen sensing adaptation range 2 (cyl. 4-6) enrichment limit.

"1123 or 1133, not sure which one is correct" P1123. Oxygen sensing adaptation range 1 (cyl. 1-3) lean limit.

"1125". Oxygen sensing adaptation range 1 (cyl. 4-6) lean limit.

"1132". P1132 not in my reference.

"1508" and "1505" not in my reference.

"5525" not in my reference.

From the codes that are in my references I think your car has fueling problem. Fuel flow/pressure not always up to snuff and engine controller attempts to adapt by "adding" more fuel, leaving injector on longer. Engine controller relies up fuel pressure remaining constant cause it only varies the width of the injector pulse, the time the injector is open to control how much or little fuel to inject.

The problem is intermittent and when it goes away the engine controller will of course try to unlearn the enrichment adaptation and sometimes exceed the lean limit threshold.

I'd advise looking into the fueling system: pump, filter, pressure regulator, return lnes, vacuum lines, etc. and addressing anything you find amiss.

Then clear codes and drive car and see what other codes, if any, appear.

Sincerely,

Macster.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:55 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Macster!!!

Quick Reply: No throttle response 2002 Boxster S