Sponsored by:

Front Air Intakes

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 01:47 AM
ajauch
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Air Intakes

Looking for some input on how to deal with my front air intakes.

My 04 (986) has a couple of small "winglets" over the front air intakes (in front of the radiators). This is a very different design than my old '00 which had more of what I could call a grill.

The issue is that these plastic bars have become loose over the years to the point that I can actually hear them flapping around on the freeway. I took it to the dealer, and they said "that's normal" and wouldn't do anything to fix them (natch).

So, I thought about pulling them out and putting in some sort of grill. I was a bit worried about it looking rough. Then, I started looking at new aftermarket front bumpers. Most of them are super ugly and try to make the bxtr look like something it's not (996 Turbo, GT2, etc.).

I'm looking for suggestions here. DIY fix? Get a bumper off of an older model? Will a 987 bumper fit? Perhaps this is a good time to install the third radiator and install a bumper from an S?

Anybody else seen this? Any suggestions for me?

A
Old 04-09-2009, 01:59 AM
al83s
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sadly, Many aftermarket bumpers use gutter guard-like mesh in place of grille. If you decide on pulling the bumper to attempt DIY repair - its super easy and you dont even have to remove headlights, but make sure to put painters tape on the fender edges to avoid nasty scratches. Guess how I know.

Quick Reply: Front Air Intakes