Sponsored by:

AGLA boxster 2004-9 custom steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:39 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AGLA boxster 2004-9 custom steering wheel

AGLA has for sale at the link below a all black leather triangular airbag wheel with a number of special features yet retains the original wheel so you may stiil use your current airbag and or mutifunction controls.
We added on the following features
- GT2 style padded wheel - not available on these multifunction wheels/only the non multifunction round airbag version as on gt2 version.Adds @ 1/3 inch more in diameter /@3/4 - 1 inch circumference vs stock wheel.
-Thumb rests at 10-2 oclock- also not seen on this wheel /only on the sport
-Perforated leather sides /for a more sportier feel- smooth black leather top and bottom areas for a subtle two tone custom wheel.

See this link at my ebay store or call me directly at 1 800 780 4500
If you have a wheel but do not have a black interiorl or prefer alcantara
materials let me know.I also can send all of you more pictures of this wheel and others
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

thank you very much
Alan Gun/AGLA

Last edited by AGLA; 03-17-2009 at 01:06 AM. Reason: forgot to add some text
Old 03-21-2009, 10:11 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ALAN!!!!

I am so glad I found this!

Please look at the pictures of a wheel Alan did for me. There are some real PROs here on Renn that know how to do custom wheels. Alan Gun is not one of them. This mess cost me over $500.00 and when I pulled it out of the box, my wife actually laughed. It was absolutely PATHETIC. You can see glue spots, bunched leather and more.

Not only did he not fix it, he is genuinely one of the rudest most obnoxious people I have ever dealt with. Some of the things he said to me on the phone were beyond the pale. When I was dealing with Alan, I had just been diagnosed with cancer. When I called to complain about the wheel, Alan said that I doctored pictures with Photoshop and that I actually caused the damage to the wheel. When I wouldn’t give up, he called me “Cancer Boy” and told me to hurry up and die so he wouldn’t have to hear from me any more.

Well, Alan, I still have the cancer, but I’m still here and every time you post something on this forum and try to sucker some of the best folks I have ever come across. I will post this story again, and again, and again.

Rennlisters BEWARE!

Alan,

I got the steering wheel today. Thank you for the expediting shipping.

I must say that I am not very happy with the way it turned out. In fact, I'm very upset about it. I have included pictures of the areas that I have problems with.

First of all I sent you what was for all intents and purposes a brand new steering wheel on the 1st of March, two day Fed Ex. You called me on the 3rd telling me you had the wheel in your shop and we discussed once again the details of the work you were to do. On previous conversations, you told me that a "simple wheel like yours would take about a week". Today is the 26th of March, a full 3 weeks after you had the wheel in your shop. I called you Tuesday the 21st looking for the wheel and you said it was done and that it would ship out the next morning. You said I would have it by the weekend. I called you again on Friday the 24th of March because the wheel had not come. You told me that you were inundated with relatives and that you had not been able to personally inspect the wheel. You told me that once you did, you would send it right out. I asked you about Saturday delivery and we agreed that you would send it via express mail USPS.

Second, the quality of the wheel is in my opinion very substandard. The stitching is very uneven. The padding is lumpy and the fit and finish of the edges is just downright poor. There is glue everywhere and both the left and right spokes are damaged. Also, the seams towards the bottom of the wheel where the alcantara and the leather meet is much lower that specified in my letter to you.

All in all, I am very disappointed. I would appreciate the money spent for the work you did refunded to my credit card. Even if you thought you could fix all the problems mentioned here, I am unwilling to spend another three weeks without my car. Secondly, since this wheel is in no way suitable, I would ask that you bear the burden of a replacement steering wheel from Porsche. I will do the leg work and find the best price I can for a wheel and let you know what the cost is.

Sincerely,

Thomas Sila
Attached Images       
Old 03-22-2009, 01:46 PM
Sputter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thomas,

Man, you're right, it does look like crap. IMHO, if he indeed used that language with you, he should be tossed off this site.

It just goes to show that anyone can be a site sponsor BUT that doesn't mean it's a quality product.

Jim
Old 03-22-2009, 03:30 PM
debo2k3
Advanced

Huh? That's called professional work with years of experiences? My son would do better than that. Sorry to hear for your lost Thomas.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:46 AM
arenared
Burning Brakes

Thanks, Thomas! Similar miserable experience here with shoddy workmanship, endless excuses, and took nearly 6 months! I should have learned from reading other (older) Rennlister's posts.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:17 PM
md11plt
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More here:

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ferrerid=39883
Old 03-24-2009, 01:40 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 233 Posts

My experience here.

Andreas
Old 03-24-2009, 02:19 AM
AGLA
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

andreas
l am sorry.Its so easy to pile on and try to get your revenge from one wheel kit. - I have been at this for 20 years . You had an issue with me and i admit I must have gotten it wrong.I am not a expert on 4runners and we blew it - however I do appologize.However I am not a theif nor am I scamming people here.How can I be in business all these years . I reported earlier other rennlist sponsors I know have had issues it happens to all of us.I do busineesiwith 90% of the current sponsors' list - from the largest to the smallest -that a part of any business especailly over a 20 year period -some are not going to be happy - you just can not make each and every customer happy.So some of you have decided to pile on me as if I was never in Porsche Panorama andExcellence for 20 years advertizing without incident and now for 7-8 years in Ebay and the web.So I now come to the 50000 rennlisters and run into some of you who do not like me -It is people/companies like me that are trying to sustain Rennlist.They want me to be here and a have a good experience. So if 5 - 6 of you over a 20 year period of 1000's of customers I have an issue with me don't like me -Fine -I accept it.Now I have seen several of you trash just about every company you can-How can any of us be in business makingand selling this stuff if we are just so HORRIBLE.You have not a clue what I have to do making these items.
I am now seeing the same names pop up bad mouthing me since i started to be here in Rennlist. Its easy to pile on in a internet forum and repeat the same story.I have better things to do than to post up emails and letters sent to me from many who have been happy with my work.
I am not going away and i will report any of you who do interfere with me being a sponsor to the moderator.Once was fine - but if you insist I will.
So fine go ahead bring it on-I will still be here.
A gun
Old 03-24-2009, 10:07 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AGLA
andreas
l am sorry.Its so easy to pile on and try to get your revenge from one wheel kit. - I have been at this for 20 years . You had an issue with me and i admit I must have gotten it wrong.I am not a expert on 4runners and we blew it - however I do appologize.However I am not a theif nor am I scamming people here.How can I be in business all these years . I reported earlier other rennlist sponsors I know have had issues it happens to all of us.I do busineesiwith 90% of the current sponsors' list - from the largest to the smallest -that a part of any business especailly over a 20 year period -some are not going to be happy - you just can not make each and every customer happy.So some of you have decided to pile on me as if I was never in Porsche Panorama andExcellence for 20 years advertizing without incident and now for 7-8 years in Ebay and the web.So I now come to the 50000 rennlisters and run into some of you who do not like me -It is people/companies like me that are trying to sustain Rennlist.They want me to be here and a have a good experience. So if 5 - 6 of you over a 20 year period of 1000's of customers I have an issue with me don't like me -Fine -I accept it.Now I have seen several of you trash just about every company you can-How can any of us be in business makingand selling this stuff if we are just so HORRIBLE.You have not a clue what I have to do making these items.
I am now seeing the same names pop up bad mouthing me since i started to be here in Rennlist. Its easy to pile on in a internet forum and repeat the same story.I have better things to do than to post up emails and letters sent to me from many who have been happy with my work.
I am not going away and i will report any of you who do interfere with me being a sponsor to the moderator.Once was fine - but if you insist I will.
So fine go ahead bring it on-I will still be here.
A gun

Alan,
I'll make this very simple. If you want to report me to the forum moderators for telling the TRUTH about my experience with you - go ahead. Have at it. I have nothing to lose. I've contributed a hell of a lot to this forum - you have not.

Fact - I sent the steering wheel from my 4Runner to you based on all of the good things I had read about you. My wheel was faded, but otherwise sound. You ruined the wheel. Yes - you ruined it. If you want to make good on this - buy a new Toyota 4Runner steering wheel and send it to me. Otherwise, I maintain that you screwed me out of quite a bit of money and left me with a pathetic excuse for a recovered steering wheel.

Those are the facts. Feel free to respond as you wish...

Andreas
Old 04-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Old 04-28-2009, 05:13 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

It's been long enough. Alan and I exchanged a few emails last month, during which time he continued to state that my replacement wheel was on its way. He's failed to respond since March 29.

With that said, I feel perfectly content calling Alan Gunn a rotten, lying, good-for-nothing, ne'er-do-well. No further proof is needed.

I sincerely hope that his brief stay on Rennlist cost him dearly. Now and in the future.

Andreas

Last edited by AOW162435; 04-28-2009 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: AGLA boxster 2004-9 custom steering wheel