Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horn sounds on remote locking?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009 | 02:22 PM
LammMorada
Intermediate

Default Horn sounds on remote locking?

I've noticed that when a door on my 2001 Boxster S isn't shut properly and I try to lock the car with the remote, the horn beeps.

I'd like my car to beep when I lock and unlock it properly, with both doors fully shut. Yet the local dealer says the Boxster can't be reprogrammed that way.

Has anyone had any experience with making the horn beep at the same time the lights flash when locking and unlocking a Boxster with the remote?

Thanks.

-LammMorada
Old 02-16-2009 | 09:25 AM
originalmotorhead
Burning Brakes

one way to cheet it would be to leave the armrest lid poped open. i believe that will cause it to beep because it has a switch on it too.
give that a try.

Tom
Old 02-16-2009 | 02:24 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

It will beep if the glove box or center console lid aren't closed. I think the sensor in my center console lid is faulty (or maybe just dirty), as it beeps intermittently. You can probably get into the wiring and fool the switch, either shorting it out or opening the connection, depending on what kind of microswitch it is.
Old 02-17-2009 | 06:53 PM
robert944h
Racer

Hit the lock button twice and it should beep.
Old 02-17-2009 | 11:06 PM
Dai
Intermediate

If you hit the lock button twice it will beep but the motion detection will not be activated. One way you can try is to unplug the wire that connected to the arm rest switch. You can get info on how to remove your center console from B&M short shifter site. You don't have to completely remove the console. You probably could access the wire by removing the side plate right by your emergency brake lever. I think if you unplug this arm rest switch wire, the car would think that the arm rest is open and it will beep when you set the alarm. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2009 | 10:37 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

If you must have an audio feedback upon locking / unlocking suggest the SmartTop module for your car. it's an easy installation and it will give you more options on setting things like that on your car. One of the best features, remote opening and closing of the top, works great!

Quick Reply: Horn sounds on remote locking?