Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster vs Carrera - touring

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 04:41 PM
THXBABE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find the car very comfortable on trips. The benefits of the two trunks etc are true.

The other thing - I wanted a convertible and find the style of the Boxster infinitely better than a 911 Cab. You can tell the 911 Cab was designed as a coupe. There is something more appealing about the Boxster because it was desinged as a convertible.

Did anyone mention 2 trunks????
Old 05-27-2008, 02:37 PM
bfenster
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To summarize what I find to be true and others have said. My 07 Boxster: Two trunks, better gas mileage, looks better with top down (It's a roadster), pretty smooth ride considering the great handling, costs less, roomy and comfortable for two people. That said, I'm biased because I just love mine!

Bruce

Last edited by bfenster; 05-28-2008 at 03:25 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:26 AM
clifforza
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the summer of '06 my wife and I drove from Rhode Island to Road America for the ALMS race. (1000 miles) We had planned on doing it in our '00 BoxsterS but shortly before we were leaving, we bought a '02 C4S. We love our Boxster, but by the time we got home, we were both in agreement that the C4 was the way to go. Even after 12 hours of driving the first day, it was like I'd been sitting in an easy chair all day. The roads across Michigan (going out) and around Chicago (coming back) would have been even more unpleasant than they were, in the Boxster. As far as luggage, we have a duffel type suitcase that fits nicely across the folded back seats, and we bring it into the room at night. It's the difference between a "dresser" and a "cafe racer". Like I say, we love our Boxster and regularly put 200 miles at a time on it but for the 1000 milers, the C4 is an easy choice.

Quick Reply: Boxster vs Carrera - touring