Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'01 Boxster S in Cary, NC Needs New Home!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 09:52 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default '01 Boxster S in Cary, NC Needs New Home!

I traded in my Boxster S on a 996 last November - I know, I've already caught some grief. But, it was time for something new. Still, I drive by my Boxster S at the dealership every other weekend to check on it, and it's still sitting on the lot. So, if you know anyone who's looking for a near-perfect Boxster S, please direct them to Leith Porsche to check out this car. A picture's on the Leith website. The only blemishes are a front license plate bumper impression (just a dimple and a line) and a couple of scratches in the back bumper that are about 1.5 in long and have been touched up - the car came with them.

Mechanically, it is stock and perfect. The tires are very new (Dunlop SP Sportmaxx). It has about 28K on it. I really pampered it, and now I have this ridiculous obsession with finding a new owner for it. It kills me that the car I pampered for years is sitting outside in the weather. Just the wear and tear on the perfect rear plastic window is making me nuts.

Anyway, please spread the word. It's not about the dealership getting the $$$ - I couldn't care less. I don't even know what they're asking for it. Someone on Porsche Pete told me about the website listing. I have all the records from my period of ownership. I think I was the 2nd owner (can't recall). But I have a carfax too.

Let me know via PM or post on this thread if I should contact someone.

Bob
Attached Images  
Old 02-27-2008, 02:04 PM
judd944
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

put a link to the dealer website. That would help those looking at it. car looks clean!
Old 02-27-2008, 02:52 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

It's pristine. Great suggestion on the link. I'll do that tonight after I check into my hotel. Someone on 6speedonline said that the link just disappeared this morning. I'll check on that too.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:45 PM
bill930p
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What did they give you for the car?
Old 03-04-2008, 11:40 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Only $21K. I'm not an aggressive negotiator, but it's about what I expected.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:42 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Here's the link. I hope the person who buys it gets a great deal and then contacts me for its service records.

http://leith.porschedealer.com/preow...ntoryid=367007
Old 03-27-2008, 05:45 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Weird story - I was driving home from work last night around 6:15 pm. And, out of nowhere, I see a white Boxster S pull onto the highway. It was really clean and headed in the opposite direction. As it drives past me, I notice it has a blue top. Sounds crazy, but I knew it was my old Boxster S. So, I headed straight for the dealership and confirmed that it had just been sold.

I'm amazed that at rush hour, I would randomly see my old Porsche headed in the opposite direction during rush hour in major metro area. What are the odds???

Anyway, I heard it went to a Charlotte buyer who is a friend of an Audi salesperson - a good home.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:28 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$21K for a low offer sounds encouraging. I'm about to trip 50K miles on my 2000S. I have no plans to ever sell it at this point. You simply aren't going to find a better car for the price range.
Now that 996 prices are coming down I'm looking for a C4 so i can just park the Boxster during winter and quit racking up the odometer. I tempted to wait another year because they're saying 2009 is going to be a doozy for luxury goods. Having a BoxsterS AND a C4 for under $60K is nuts.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:24 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

perfect,

I ended up buying a 996 and kept my boxster. Best of both worlds. Makes me smile whenever I open the garage door. I am still a huge boxster fan, probably the most underrated sportscar on the road, but that said the sweet rumble of PSE on the 996 is something to enjoy.

Quick Reply: '01 Boxster S in Cary, NC Needs New Home!