Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cary/Apex, NC Coffee and Bagels

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:51 PM
rmurph
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry I missed the gathering yesterday, had to be in Wilmington. Was on track at VIR last weekend with the Alfa crowd, good group to run with. May have another recruit for our Saturday morning get together, another 911 here in Chapel Hill. I will also miss the next two Saturdays as I will be on vacation. See you guys after that.
Grey 87 911 Cab.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:02 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No problem, rmurph. We look forward to seeing you in a couple weeks. Any pictures of the Alfas?
Old 06-14-2008, 08:16 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

I'm leaving for the Bean & Bagel in 5 minutes, in case any of you early-risers are checking to see if anyone will be there. I need me some coffee and bagel!

Bob
Old 07-01-2008, 10:16 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

I'm at Parade in Charlotte, and it has been amazing. Today, I'm headed to the Heritage display that the factory has put together - historic Porsches! Then, I'm headed home after 4 terrific days at Parade.

If you're in town for the 4th of July weekend, I will be at the Bean & Bagel in Apex bright and early Saturday morning. Hope to see you there!

Bob
Old 07-02-2008, 12:51 PM
rmurph
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stopped by the Bean & Barrel last Saturday, nobody showed. I believe this Saturday the Italian Sports Cars will be at the Briar Creek Porsche Koffee get together. I'll probably be going up there to see the other half. Back to Apex the following week.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:39 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hey, rmurph. I'm sorry I missed you at the B&B. The owners told me that a silver Porsche convertible had just left. I was running late b/c we were packing for Parade in Charlotte.

Anyway, maybe I'll see you at the Triangle Italians event.

Bob
Old 07-03-2008, 01:44 PM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rmurph
Stopped by the Bean & Barrel last Saturday, nobody showed. I believe this Saturday the Italian Sports Cars will be at the Briar Creek Porsche Koffee get together. I'll probably be going up there to see the other half. Back to Apex the following week.

Is the meeting this weekend 7/5 with the Italian SPort Car CLub?

If so, what time ?

Thanks !

John
Old 07-03-2008, 06:20 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

It's supposed to be (weather permitting). You're sure to catch them from 8 am on.

Bob
Old 07-04-2008, 09:59 AM
GothingNC
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks Bob

John
Old 07-05-2008, 07:14 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Here are some pictures from today's events. It was great to see everyone today - thanks for coming out and driving over to Brier Creek. See you next weekend!

Bob

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...localeid=en_US
Old 07-16-2008, 10:20 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

Hi, everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I'll be at the B&B this weekend, as usual. I would have liked to attend the Carolinas BBQ in Spartanburg, but it's been a heavy travel week at work and I have a strong desire to stay local this weekend.

Hope to see you at the Bean & Bagel on Saturday morning.

Bob
Old 07-19-2008, 09:20 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

We had a great morning at B&B. Michael ('88 911), John (Boxster), Steve (993) and I met this morning for breakfast and then took a fun drive through the countryside around Jordan Lake. John said it best - "This just never gets old."

Bob
Old 07-24-2008, 02:20 AM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

It's Wednesday, and I'm already badly in need of a bagel, a cup of coffee, and a few hours of Porsche therapy. It's been that kind of week. I'm sitting in a hotel getting ready for a meeting tomorrow wondering how I can add about 20 minutes to the route we've been driving on Saturdays after we leave the Bean & Bagel. I hope to be able to drive a new section of the route on Friday late afternoon. I'll let you all know what I come up with on Saturday morning.

FYI - I made a new friend named Helmut (Cayman S and 944). He's looking forward to meeting everyone this Saturday.

See you then!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:37 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

What an awesome morning - a big thank you to everyone who attended. We may have had a group of 9 or 10 in the past, but we haven't had a drive afterward. And, I think that the drive should be the "end of the morning/start of the rest of the day" whenever time permits.

Special thanks to Helmut for introducing us to a wonderfully twisty, scenic route that's practically in our Bean & Bagel back yard. And, while all of the Porsches sounded fantastic, special thanks to Charles, Dell, Ken and Alex for such incredible exhaust notes (factory exhaust on Charles' 996 - so he said)

For those of our group who couldn't join us today, here's who was there:

Dell (996 Cab)
Rich (late 80s Targa)
Bruce (Red Cayman S)
Michael ('88 911)
Helmut (Yellow Cayman S)
Charles (996 - slightly modified)
Ken (928)
Alex (996 - soon to have new shoes)
Manil (C4S)
Bob (996)

Here's a link to the pictures:

Sadly, I won't be around (and will suffer from withdrawl) for the next 2 weekends. We're headed up north for vacation while the kids are tracked out of school. So, I'll see you when I return.

For those who do get together at the B&B, or if you head to Brier Creek for the PCA/Italians event, please post pictures. I also hope someone will be able to tell us about the swap meet on August 2nd.

Lastly, now that we have a great route for our weekend drive, I'd like to suggest that we pick one weekend day when we might finish the run at the Carolina Ale House on 15-501 and 64. Don't know if that would be a later start that ends at lunch, or maybe an afternoon run that ends at dinner.

Let me know what you think.

Have a great rest of the weekend - and thanks to everyone for a great morning! Dell summed it up perfectly at the gas station when he grinned and said, "that was more fun than I've had in a while." Me too!

Bob
Old 07-26-2008, 01:04 PM
rotokim
Burning Brakes

I nearly forgot to mention that Randy and his son stopped in briefly on the way to a golf outing. Randy's been at the B&B Porsche gathering from the beginning and it's always great to see him!
Bob

Quick Reply: Cary/Apex, NC Coffee and Bagels