Wash, wax, etc...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2002, 05:20 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Wash, wax, etc...

I have a few questions in regard to the care of my car.

1 - Is the car care kit from tequipment "that" much better than anything else on the market?

2 - I have been using Meguiar's but only because it's what I have been using on my other cars for a while now. Is this a good product line to stick with? If not what would be better?

3 - Has anyone used the tequipment rear window polish on their window yet? Maybe I used the wrong kind of cloth. But when I did it this past weekend it left a bunch of little scratches in the window. The salesman said I should do this every so often to keep the window from getting cloudy. But it seems like the polish is going to make it worse, not better.

4 - I found some decent stuff to clean the wheels (also a Meguiar's product). But it still takes some work. I considered waxing the wheels so cleaning will be a little easier. But thought I would check with you all first. Is there something I can put on the wheels to help keep them clean and/or make them easier to clean? What would be nice is to have something so I can just spray them off with water every couple days to make them look OK. Then clean them real good on the weekends.

Any other suggestion you might have in this area will also be appreciated.

/m
Old 09-17-2002, 02:26 AM
ArIzOnAsTaTe
AutoX

Talking

I think I might be able to help a little I clean privet jets for a living. The wax I like to use on my car is the zymol wax it works vary well. You can buy it as Sams club for 13bucks and you get two in a pack. As for the rims you can use this wax it will help coat the paint or chrome with out dulling them. You might want to change brake pads if you get a lot of brake dust. I would use a 100% cotton cloth to clean the back window.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:48 AM
RobertG
Racer

tequipment is high quality stuff but so is Meguiar's . Zymol is great too. But is way over priced. Not not any better than Meguiars top quality show car stuff. Click on carcareonline and read the pdf files on waxes. Youll get a very good education on what works and what doesnt
<a href="http://www.carcareonline.com" target="_blank">Car Care Online</a>
Old 09-17-2002, 11:07 AM
Boxster 3.4
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best products on the planet. Nothing comes close to the products developed by Richard Griot. His catalogs are great to read and filled with QUALITY products developed tested and proved in Concours events. His Best of Show wax is fantastic.

Plastic Polish works great on rear window if it is really cloudy. For more frequent cleanings I use Speed Shine. I have also found that Speed Shine keeps the rear window much more flexible and helps if fold correctly when lowering and raising.

<a href="http://www.griotsgarage.com" target="_blank">http://www.griotsgarage.com</a>

Get a catalog and order the "starter kit" you'll be hooked.
Old 09-17-2002, 02:25 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

Hmmm may have to try the speed shine, but for my money Zaino Bros is the best wax out there, although I haven't used Griots, I have used Zymol, Meguires and most of the rest.
Old 09-17-2002, 02:26 PM
Ghost Rider
Banned

BTW, I have the tequipment cleaning kit, it's all pretty good stuff, I even bought the wheel cleaning kit because it works WONDERS on my wheels which are very very very (did I say very?) hard to keep clean...
Old 09-17-2002, 02:33 PM
RobertG
Racer

Wax is like BEER,,Everyone has their favorite and it can be hard to get others to try a new wax/beer.....but , too each his own

Quick Reply: Wash, wax, etc...