Sponsored by:

Squeaking Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 01:33 PM
rpugh
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Squeaking Brakes

I have a new 2002 Boxster that squeaks pretty bad when I brake. It only has 1700 miles right now. Is this part of the break-in?

Also, I have noticed that same squeaking nose from the right-rear tire when going around corners or driving slowly (15mph)in a straight line or curves WITHOUT any braking applied.

Anyone else have these symptom? I am guessing I need to tak it in and have the dealer check for air in the braking hydraulic system? Maybe the right-rear caliper is sticking?
Old 02-18-2002, 08:34 PM
PerformanceMS
Cruisin'

Sounds like the rear brake may be dragging a bit. I'd have the dealer take a look since the car is still under warranty. You may want to look into replacing the stock pads with EBC Greenstuff if the dealer can't find anything abnormally wrong with your brakes. These pads will eliminate the squeak and keep the dust emissions down.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:07 PM
rpugh
Cruisin'

Red face

OK...so I took my 02 Boxster back to the dealer and they said that there was a "rock or pebble" buried in the brake pad. This was what was causing my wheels to "squeak" when driving down the road at around 20-30 MPH without my foot on the brake.

I sort of bought that, except now it is happening again on both sides of the car (left and right rear wheels.)

Is this normal on the Boxsters? Should I expect to continuously get rocks/pebbles caught in my brake pads on a $50,000 automobile?

Something seems wrong here....help! Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated...

M

Quick Reply: Squeaking Brakes