Sponsored by:

Seat mod for tall driver??

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2001, 03:52 PM
David G
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Seat mod for tall driver??

I have a customer who is 6'8" and the seat in the 2000 Boxster 'S' doesn't quite go back far enough. The headroom doesn't seem to be a problem, but we need another inch or so in the seat track...Does anyone know of a modification or an aftermarket seat bracket/rail?? I've seen the 'headroom' seat rails for the 911 but nothing for the Boxster. Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-28-2001, 10:16 PM
RobertG
Racer

Lightbulb

Well, Im 6'9" and I fit!
As for stock seats. I suggest that he either go with the stock non electric seats or go with the Porshe GT3 seat. He will gain about 2 to 3" of headroom. Also, I track my car and I have helped design a Tall Man seat Bracket for the Porsche GT3 Seat that will still allow you to use your stock seatbelts along with your racing harness. It gave me 6.5" more total headroom over the stock non electric seats. Brey Krause will be seeling this special seat bracket soon., Im sure that if you called them they would make it special for you. So you wouldnt have to wait for the marketing blitz at all of the Big and Tall performance shops
Old 08-28-2001, 10:17 PM
RobertG
Racer

I forgot to add that the GT3 seats have foam inserts that can be removed (which I do when racing to get more helmet and legroom)and shaved to get more head and legroom.
Old 08-29-2001, 01:08 AM
David G
Advanced

Robert, MUCH appreciated..I'll look into those, thanks. David

Quick Reply: Seat mod for tall driver??