Sponsored by:

New exhaust/headers/EVO on - BIG difference

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 07:57 PM
First986NJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New exhaust/headers/EVO on - BIG difference

OK....I finally got phase 1 of the mods to my Box done and had her out for a spin or two. EVO V-flow intake, ia Headers; and iA exhaust. Sounds S-W-E-E-T when I get in the throttle, even a little. Has a nice rumble to it at idle. Sounds like the car SHOULD sound, given the things it can do. A little more resonance than I would have liked, not terrible, just a little mor than I would have liked. It's no big deal though, because it only occurs between about 2500 and 3000 RPM. Drop down a gear instead of lugging it, or just drop your speed a bit and it's fine. Maybe it will keep me from getting a few tickets, who knows.

Then again maybe not. I had it out of the garage and on the street all of about 30 seconds before I got pulled over. Not because it is too loud, just too quick. I simply rapped it quick in 1st and second (Because it was the check out ride, I was watching gages and lights not the spedo..) and was on the brakes when I looked up and saw the cop...then the spedo, which was considerable over the 40mph speed limit. Of course, I had forgotten to turn the K40 system back on with all the excitement of the new "music". I just pulled over, appologised, and explained that I had just finished some engine work and had been watching the gages, not the spedo. Works every time when your an "older" fart. He just gave me a warning, then asked what I had put on her.

I don't have a dyno, but the butt dyno says the car is noticably quicker. It also broke loose on me just a bit when I was turning off one road and onto another while nailing the throttle...something I have done a hundred times before and it has never broken loose before. I didn't even thing it would do that with PSM on. But I did remove quite a bit of weight back there with this change.

Next up - ROW M030 suspension update. I'm gonna drive for a while first though....1st rainy weekend we'll do the suspension. :P

Quick Reply: New exhaust/headers/EVO on - BIG difference