Sponsored by:

ROW M030 and H&R Springs suspension questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Mike Navarro
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROW M030 and H&R Springs suspension questions

My 2001 is primarily my daily driver and I do use it occasionally for the track. My primary motivation for wanting to lower it, is for the cosmetic looks, but I also don't want to cause any unreasonable wear and tear on other parts of the car by doing this, and I would enjoy the handling offered by a better suspension.

In my researching the subject, it appears that many have been pleased with the ROW M030 option available from Sunset for about $920.00. I understand it has a good impact on handling and is the "factory" option for a better all around suspension. It also lowers the vehicle, but not as low as the H&R Springs.

I also understand that many are happy with the appearance, by just installing H&R Springs which lowers the car approximately 1 inch in front and rear, but that this might cause suspension issues on the track.

I don't want adjustable coilovers so that's not an option for me.

Thus, I was considering a combination of H&R springs along with the rest of the ROW M030 option (in other words, buying the ROW M030 option and replacing the springs that come with it with H&R). My questions are:

1) Is this feasible?
2) I believe (at least in my non-mechanical and engineering mind) that this will give me the combination I'm looking for, better looks from lowering an inch, and better handling by having the rest of the ROW M030 suspension components. Is this correct?
3) Are these parts compatible?
4) Is it a stupid idea?
5) Do the springs that come with the ROW M030 option have resale value that I will be able to obtain some of my $$ back?

I've purchased the H&R springs already, just want to be sure before I order the ROW M030 option. If the combination doesn't sound like a good idea, then I'll have to decide between just going with the lowering springs, or selling them and going with the full ROW M030 suspension. Take care,

Mike
Old 03-25-2007, 03:01 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

Originally Posted by Mike Navarro
5) Do the springs that come with the ROW M030 option have resale value that I will be able to obtain some of my $$ back?
Depends....Are they the 5spd RoW M030 springs? If so I could help you out there,I have been looking for them for quiet some time. Did Sunset quote you $920 for th whole RoW M030(shocks/springs and bars)kit?
Old 03-25-2007, 03:16 PM
IXLOR8
Advanced

Default Harsh ride with lowering springs?

Do the lower springs make the ride harsher or rough? Over dips and bumps?
Old 03-26-2007, 03:35 PM
First986NJ
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess there is nothing WRONG with doing it that way, but the ROW M030 suspension is a system.

Once the ROW M030 is broken in, I don't think you are going to be able to see the difference in ride height between the two without measuring it. In the meantime, I'm sure the spring rates aren't exactly the same, so the shock valving doesn't necessarily match up optimally, and the sway bar selection may, or may not be as good......etc.

I went through the same thought process as you. As you probably are doing, I also researched the heck out of all the options, then I decided that for an every day streeter that maybe sees a DE event or two, and maybe an occasional auto-x for fun, the ROW M030 is absolutely the best way to go. So I bought it.

In the process of putting it on right now.

FWIW - My $.02 - I would resell the H&R's and do the ROW M030 system complete.
Old 03-14-2012, 11:16 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,507 Likes on 1,064 Posts

I could be mistaken but if your 993 is not the turbo and you are thinking of the M030 ROW springs... I am not sure where Sunset plan to get them as I understand the rear springs are not available from Porsche, discontinued.
ROW Coup sport part number 993.333.531.11-504.
Andy
Old 03-14-2012, 11:24 AM
zechunique
Racer

I don't think these were discontinued at the time of his original post: 2007...?

Quick Reply: ROW M030 and H&R Springs suspension questions