Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any discounts for CPO'ed Boxsters at Porsche dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 02:45 PM
b5audia4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any discounts for CPO'ed Boxsters at Porsche dealers?

Im considering getting a Boxster down in the US since there are more choices and prices are more reasonable.

Do Porsche dealers offer any discounts on the listed CPO'ed price? I guess it will depend on the location/state. I understand there will always be a premium for the 2yr warranty.

Any feedback would be appreciated. I just wanted to see if my idea is even feasible.

Thanks!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:52 PM
986Jim
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only thing about bringing one across is you have to convert it for Canadian use, a few things like daytime running lights etc need to be converted. I have seen US cars here with no big deal have you looked into that at all?

I looked at getting one from the states my self but honestly couldn't justify all the trouble for the savings. Having to drive there buy it drive home, etc etc.. It was a bit much for me to do all that... So I bought locally and am pretty happy.
Old 12-28-2006, 11:35 AM
b5audia4
Burning Brakes

Somebody must have bought a CPO car recently? Any comments will help.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:06 PM
pl
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i remember seeing a message that CANADA dealer don't honor warranty since cars were brought from US?
do a search. you will have some interesting reads.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:23 PM
b5audia4
Burning Brakes

There was a post earlier. They do have to honour the warranty b/c is North American wide. I think one of the local dealer was giving people a hard time. It seems it has been resolved.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:21 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

I bought a 2001 Boxster S CPO earlier this year and I got about $2K off the list price (going from memory), so you can definitely discount the asking price. The dealer even gave me the option of discounting the car even more by the price of the CPO.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:13 PM
b5audia4
Burning Brakes

Thanks Drew. Looking at some 2000 to 2002 Boxster S as well. Im hoping prices would be good at this time of the year since it is generally slow after Christmas. If there is wiggle room on prices, then this might actually be worthwhile.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:12 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

You can negotiate on any car, especially a used one. How much are they willing to go down depends on the car and the cost of certification. When I was looking to buy my Carrera, there was a car they had to put $1000 in to certify and another they put $7000 in to certify. They obvioulsy want to get there money out of it. When I bought my car, it was initially not certifed. We made the deal to certify the car for $2K. When they got through the process, they spent $3800 certifying it: new tires, brakes, clutch, intake scoop and full 30K service. There are a few other things that were replaced in the process. I was fortunate to get a complete printout on all the work. They weren't happy that it cost them so much to certify it, but we already made the deal and were stuck with it. Keep this in mind. Just because a car isn't certified doesn't mean it can't be certified.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:28 AM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I looked at CPO Boxster S's in Mtl this past summer. They were asking in the $48k range (pre-tax) for a 2000S at Lauzon. It was a nice car, but... the price just was not right. While I really thought a CPO car was what I would want to protect myself from leaky RMS issues, the cost and lack of flexability from the dealer regarding pricing and when I could take delivery just made the deal not as attractive to me.

The car itself was nice, and the dealer was very polite, but there was only so much rope that they could offer me.

Instead, I found a newer S, previously owned by a friend, and got attractive finacing through a specialized lease dealer.

As far as the US warranty thing goes, I was scared too, but one official Porsche dealer told me that they would do repairs on any Porsche. These cars are out of warranty, so, what is the difference to them.

If you are very worried about warranty repairs and want a much better price and increased selection.... get a US car, pay the RIV (6%) and get an aftermarket warranty. Then you get the color combination, condition and price you want, with the reduced worry of repairs down the road.

Last edited by MikeBat; 12-29-2006 at 02:29 AM. Reason: spelling, sorry!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:33 PM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

just bought an 02 cpo boxster, basic model. it has 34k on it and i paid 22750 for the car. They were asking 26995

Quick Reply: Any discounts for CPO'ed Boxsters at Porsche dealers?