Sponsored by:

Help with Boxster brakes for track

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 09:16 PM
dgreenb1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Boxster brakes for track

Just back from weekend of instructing and driving at Sebring for PBOC. First time with a '99 Boxster. My mechanic installed the new Pagid orange pads that I gave him but did not have time to flush the stock fluid and replace with ATE Blue. After seven or eight laps flogging the 986 like my Spec Miata, my brakes went away completely. Had a thorough pressure bleeding done to no avail. Couldn't get my hands on enough ATE Blue to do a full flush. Spoke with several people at the track and got two classes of opinion:

1 Full flush with ATE Blue would cure the problem.
2 Need to fabricate air ducts or buy them and remove the backing plates in addition to the ATE Blue in order to to cool the brakes.

Can I get some suggestions? If I need ducting, does anyone make a kit and what should it cost? If not what would be involved in fabricating ducts and what should that cost? Before losing the pedal, the car's braking capabilities were adequate for the speeds I was driving.

TIA
David Greenberg
Fort Myers, Florida
Old 07-09-2006, 11:49 PM
bruinbro
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1 is necessary. Any high temp fluid will work, the blue and gold fluids make determining if the flush is complete easier.

2 is nice, but not necessary.

Bro

Quick Reply: Help with Boxster brakes for track