Sponsored by:

Sport cats installed, with my '03 PSE

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Jay Laifman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport cats installed, with my '03 PSE

The installation went pretty easily - except one of the tabs where the rods from the back of the muffler attach, which did not line up perfectly. I had to bend it a little and then still drill new holes. These are the Dansk sport cats.

Also, I messed up and didn't double check that all the bung caps were tight. One was not and popped out while driving (more on that below).

Ok, so the sound. I was already running the '03+ PSE and love it. I still wanted it louder though - more like my '73 911, or at least closer anyway. The thing about the '03 PSE that I love so much is that it adds a great vibration through the car so you can feel its aggressiveness. The sport cats don't change that much. It does get beautifully louder under load/acceleration, but no resonance. So, I'm pretty happy with the combination. That said, I wouldn't mind it LOUDER STILL. In fact, when that bung cap blew out and the exhaust was pumping out after the cat but before the muffler, I said "now THAT sounds like a REAL car!"

So, it may be bypass pipes or even straight pipes for me . . . !!!!!

Actually, now that I've been driving it for a couple of days, I see that it's just great under aggressive acceleration (much less than WOT). It's at light throttle, especially under 3,000 rpm, including just cruising down the street in normal driving, where it's only a little different than stock. This is of course a good thing at times, especially at 6 o'dark in the morning when I'm leaving for work. But, mostly, I want song at all times!
Old 06-27-2006, 12:02 PM
bruinbro
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to drive my car before you go the straight pipe route. It may be too much for your tastes. PM me if you would like to get together.

Bro

Quick Reply: Sport cats installed, with my '03 PSE