Sponsored by:

Funny noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 12:11 AM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill L Seifert
I know water pumps were about 100k on a 944. Has anyone around 90-120k on a Boxster had a water pump failure?

Bill
My water pump let go at 76K miles...
Mine also makes a funny squel on start up if the AC is on and seems to come from hte back of the car...turned out to be the duct work valves ajusting themseleves under the dash, so said the dealer.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:24 AM
blinkwatt
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to check to see if its the secondary air pump making the sound you could;
~remove the engine cover(look in your manual)
~(facing the passenger side vent)Look down from the intake manifold,about a foot from where you should be standing. If it sounds like a high-pitched vacuum like sound from that region I bet its the secondary air pump. The bearing wear out easily,I wish they were sold seperately. It should turn off after warm up.

If anyone knows if there is a suitable bearing that could be used in there please let us know.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:36 AM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the oil filler tube and see if it's squished when the engine is running. If so, it probably has a hole worn in it because the air/oil separator is going kaput and the vacuum is causing the squeal. Both have to be replaced if that's the case.

Quick Reply: Funny noise