Sponsored by:

PPI Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 09:11 PM
mdbickell
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI Question

alright... I feel a bit stupid asking this... I'm looking for a 2000 - 2001 Boxster S and of course I'll be getting a PPI.

Is it advisable to get this done at a dealer or is it better to go to an independent? I have a 911 track / race car so I'm familiar w/ many of the shops in my area that specialize in aircooled and/or race cars. Since the 986's are reasonbly new cars, I'm not sure which route is best. I trust my 911 mechanic, but he's not in a convenient location for me to get the prospective vehicle to him.

thanks in advance.

Matt
Old 03-19-2006, 05:02 PM
4sound
Advanced

when getting a PPI done on any vehicle, the person doing the PPI must know that type of vehicle, period. There are a decent amount of 911 repair shops out there doing work on 996/ Boxster vehicles that may not have the correct tools or experience. Just because a tech knows 911, do not assume he knows 996/Boxster vehicles.
Find someone you know can do a good PPI for you, regardless if they are an independent or a dealer.
By the way, no such thing as a stupid question.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:12 PM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

With the Boxster, I'd go with a dealer. Since it's still a relatively new model you are looking at, most were under warranty until 2 years ago so independent shops have not seen many of them.

Quick Reply: PPI Question