Sponsored by:

993 owners descriminate?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:06 AM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pcar964
Apparently you didn't read the "EDIT" in my post, but that doesn't bother someone like you.
Hay pcar964, I see you use Cosmo Kramer as your avatar????

Are you a big Seinfeld fan????

I live for this show, I watch it on every rerun hoping I find a show I missed

Buddy returned from Hong Kong and brought me the full cd set!!!!!

We make it a point in the office to watch one episode every day (we are sick, yes we know and yes every Seinfeld fan knows)

Regards
Old 01-13-2006, 02:43 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not all Boxster drivers get dissed by 911 types. I have a 993 Turbo too. I make a point of waving a Boxster...

I used to be careful waving depending on what I'm driving so I didn't come across as an idiot. Which is how Porsche drivers usually treat me if I wave at them when driving my Z06. Now I just wave at everybody driving a neat car. Mustangs, ricers, Germans, anybody that deserves a nod... If they don't get it, their loss not mine...
Old 01-13-2006, 10:54 AM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Apparently you didn't read the "EDIT" in my post, but that doesn't bother someone like you.
Try not to post stupid things! (especially when your lie can so easily be disproven)...your edit came after my post (Last edited by pcar964 : Today at 03:04 AM) My post was yesterday at 5:03pm.

The 996 has also had more sales success than the 993. In fact, it is the best selling 911 ever!! What you fail to realize is thas Porsche does not limit the production of it's vehicles like Ferrari (Carrera GT and other special additions excepted). If people want to buy them and have the means and desire Porsche will build you a 911.

I know this is a bitter pill for someone like you to swallow, but Porsche built more 996's than 993's because more people wanted them.

Got any more "new Porsche hate" for us?
Old 01-13-2006, 05:31 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by rbennett
Hay pcar964, I see you use Cosmo Kramer as your avatar????

Are you a big Seinfeld fan????

I live for this show, I watch it on every rerun hoping I find a show I missed

Buddy returned from Hong Kong and brought me the full cd set!!!!!

We make it a point in the office to watch one episode every day (we are sick, yes we know and yes every Seinfeld fan knows)

Regards
rbennett, my Seinfeld addiction could be described as "unhealthy" haha. I have the first two CD sets, haven't gotten the newest one yet. I've found that if someone doesn't "get" Seinfeld, it's a pretty good indication they won't "get" me, either.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:33 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Ray S
Try not to post stupid things! (especially when your lie can so easily be disproven)...your edit came after my post (Last edited by pcar964 : Today at 03:04 AM) My post was yesterday at 5:03pm.

The 996 has also had more sales success than the 993. In fact, it is the best selling 911 ever!! What you fail to realize is thas Porsche does not limit the production of it's vehicles like Ferrari (Carrera GT and other special additions excepted). If people want to buy them and have the means and desire Porsche will build you a 911.

I know this is a bitter pill for someone like you to swallow, but Porsche built more 996's than 993's because more people wanted them.

Got any more "new Porsche hate" for us?
Something tells me you pronounce Porsche with one syllable...
Old 01-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Something tells me you pronounce Porsche with one syllable...
Wrong again as usual Pcar....

Can we expect a creative "edit" of this post also?? Or, are you done??
Old 01-14-2006, 06:11 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Ray S
Wrong again as usual Pcar....

Can we expect a creative "edit" of this post also?? Or, are you done??
ooh, Zinger! you got me again Ray... your wit is too sharp for me!
Old 01-14-2006, 10:13 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

ooh, Zinger! you got me again Ray... your wit is too sharp for me!
That's it ???....come on give us another creative edit!!

How about you tell us some more about how the new Porsche's are....how did you put it?..."poseur-mobiles and pussified quasi-sportscars"

You know you gotta have the last word....
Old 01-15-2006, 01:15 AM
PaulStewart
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Some 993 owners won't wave at any Porsche water pumper including a 996 turbo.....

After all they think real Porsches are air cooled.

I always remind them that all Porsches are air cooled unless you are driving them under water.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:37 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by PaulStewart
Some 993 owners won't wave at any Porsche water pumper including a 996 turbo.....

After all they think real Porsches are air cooled.

I always remind them that all Porsches are air cooled unless you are driving them under water.
Porsche has a long history of great water-cooled cars (or just water cooled heads)... 959 (961), 956, 962, GT1s, etc... The problem some of us have, is the quality with which the new water-cooled engines (M96 specifically) are designed and built. The water has nothing to do with it.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:56 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Porsche has a long history of great water-cooled cars (or just water cooled heads)... 959 (961), 956, 962, GT1s, etc... The problem some of us have, is the quality with which the new water-cooled engines (M96 specifically) are designed and built. The water has nothing to do with it.
Come on Pcar, youre hatred for these cars goes well beyond just the motors. Just look at a few of your recent quotes;

"Of course this is just the latest example of the company abandoning its racing heritage to the sell-out, poseur-crowd - and I'm talking about everything since the 996/boxster were introduced. And for any of you who think "Porsche is still great because they make the GT3," give me a break. Yeah it's a great car, but as they continue to realize their profits are driven by selling out to the cappucino market, expect the GT3 to become even more rare and expensive, until it's just an illusion (like the Carrera GT) the company will use to fool its consumers into thinking their "cayman" or "boxster" or "911" is actually special.

Might as well hang it up, it's over - it was nice while it lasted. Enjoy your real 911s guys, because we'll never see anything like them again... It's funny, but thinking back the only thing that could have SAVED Porsche as we know it, is if they were bought out by Daimler or Volkswagen in the 1990s- at least then (like Ferrari under Fiat), they could have continued along the path that made them who they were. Instead, now they use their history as a crutch while they build overpriced "sporty cars" that are no more trackworthy than a common japanese import...

The purpose of this rant is not to affect change... in my opinion they are way past the point of no return. And I'm not putting the blame only on the company, after all they're just giving the consumer what they want. I just wish those damn poseurs could have destroyed some other marque with their ignorance. Yes I said ignorance - becuase only ignorance on the part of the "new Porshh" buyer would allow an $80k-plus price tag for a wet sump, disposable "911."

Sad times."

OR

"Oh and PS - if anyone is thinking about "rebutting" me with statements like "boxsters are great sportscars" or "997s are faster than 993s," save your breath... Between myeslf and some good friends of mine, we have been witness to numerous track nightmares with these supposed sportscars, they have all either fallen apart or had major engine failures on the track, period - they're trash. If anyone has driven one on the track more than once without something breaking, you're either extremely lucky, or you're driving like a schoolgirl."

OR

"Save the GT3 and GT2, the company is a poseur-car manufacturer."

OR

"As you're all aware, I don't like most of the new Pcars, I consider them poseur-mobiles and pussified quasi-sportscars."

Bottom line you hate these cars and the people who buy them. Heaven forbid they don't say the name Porsch-Ahhhhh correctly.

Got any more cute comments for us??? Come on, you know you want the last word...
Old 01-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Michael Jekot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not to get into the middle of this but I always though real Porsche's had "NO" cup holders!
Mike
Old 01-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Drvn2fst
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Not to get into the middle of this but I always though real Porsche's had "NO" cup holders!"

I installed my son's car seat this weekend and it came with a cup holder attached. So now I have one in my Boxster. The only problem is it covers the parking brake. = )
Old 01-16-2006, 04:19 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Ray, I never said I hate people who buy 996s. That's ridiculous. I dislike the cars, and I dislike the fact that poseurs are ruining the brand. But that doesn't mean I hate them.

Why don't you write something constructive instead of trying to re-start an old argument.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:23 PM
911Jeff
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Aren't 996s a boxster with a 911 grafted to the rear????????????

Quick Reply: 993 owners descriminate?