Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another Boxster bashing story...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 01:19 PM
Jay Laifman
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I've said before, nothing hotter than a sexy woman driving a 911 - even more sexy than that same woman driving a Boxster. So, doesn't that make the 911 more of a chick car? :-)
Old 12-20-2005, 02:19 PM
blinkwatt
Pro

I dont know if this is "descrimination" or not but I helped a 60 year old lady with a 996 Carrera 4S over a 30ish year old babe with a nice body at my job the other day. What is wrong with me? Any women behind a Porsche is just too damn hot.
Old 12-20-2005, 04:19 PM
m21sniper
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RG Najarian
Miatas and MR2s are DEFINATELY chick cars. I own four Porsches (05 Cayenne, 00 Boxster, 83 911 SC, and 75 911 Targa.) I spend more time driving the Boxster than the other three combined MULTIPLIED by 4! And I am a combat veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom. Anyone who calls a Boxster a "Chick Car" is welcome to say it to my face, (or to my tail pipe :-) )
WTF does you being a vet have to do with a boxster?

Odds are, you're a fake anyway based on the above.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:20 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I think he's just suggesting he's a manlier man than the rest of us because he's a vet of "Operation Iraqi Freedom"
Old 12-20-2005, 06:07 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

LOL, many of you compare women with porsches.
quite frankly i told my wife, she will go way before my cars.
why? i can shut my cars off, but i can't make wife stopping nagging.
cars are much cheaper to maintain as well.
so, really, cars and women shouldn't be compared.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:20 AM
KJM3SMG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol u said that haha "honey you will be gone sooner before my cars"... even though it feels true with some women, I dare not say it to a gf.. much less a wife. You got some ballz mooty or asking for a killin' on divorce day :P
Old 12-21-2005, 04:20 AM
blinkwatt
Pro

Originally Posted by KJM3SMG
lol u said that haha "honey you will be gone sooner before my cars"... even though it feels true with some women, I dare not say it to a gf.. much less a wife. You got some ballz mooty or asking for a killin' on divorce day :P
You would be suprised,I compare the women in my life to my car(funny how it ranks higher in my priorites). Alot just end up saying,"When are you gonna give me a ride in your drop top",I just respond "You first".
Old 12-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Jay Laifman
Pro

Originally Posted by m21sniper
WTF does you being a vet have to do with a boxster?

Odds are, you're a fake anyway based on the above.

?? I got the joke. "Chick cars" are all about not being macho, and that macho guys would only drive macho cars which would be the most powerful cars. And, of course, who is more macho than someone in the military? So, I'd cut the guy some slack and not swear at him and accuse him of lying. At the minimum, it was funny, and the maximum, he is what he says.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:14 PM
DHL LMP2
Track Day

Ther is no such thing as a Porsche chick car. I mean, it's a Porsche! My Boxster S is a chick car when my wife drives it, a chick magnet when I do. Actually, it may be a chick magnet when she drives it, too, but I digress!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:20 PM
perfectlap
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At a car show recently a hot girl was ooooohing over the new Boxster and her male companion said "Poor man's Porsche, it aint a 911". That's always a red flag for a guy who knows doesn't know a 928 from a 944.
The world is full of Porsche "experts". Listen to what the real sportscar experts have to say about the first and only full blooded convertible Porsche has made. Not one single less than glowing reviewing of its performance particularly with the introduction of the S model. The new Boxster was even put up against other top sportscars including the 997 in recent issues of Road&Track, Car&Driver etc.
Lots of bitching about the price though...but that a Porsche problem in general. For the price paid in peformance terms, there are far better options.

p.s.
Interesting article in GT Purely Porsche where the 997 Cab is said to be returned by a professional driver back to Porsche because of a bouncing rear axle in cornering. My little Boxster S doesn't do that.
by the way, Miata is no chick car either. Probably the most represented car in grassroots motorsports. Put that car on Teins with Falken Azenis and you have the best bang for the buck land shark made today.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:28 PM
racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by Gumbo
I just remind people that there was Porsche before the 911. Did the 944s, 928s, and 968s get the stigma of being a chick car or not a real Porsche?
Um.. well.. YES!

Many folks in the 1970's didn't think 914's were "porsche" enough. Same with the 924 which begat the 944/968 lines. 928's were really just "another mercedes" and not "real Porsches". With time these thoughts fade away. With exposure and a chance to drive the other models, it fades away. Give it time.

(older) Porsche owners can be fickle folks. Many believe there wasn't a "real" Porsche since the 356 went out of production. Others draw the line at Aircooled 911's. Others embrace them all.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:18 AM
RG Najarian
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 18 Posts

You're Right Ray S. Thanks for setting me straight. I live in Southern Ca. and I see a LOT of the ladies in 996s and no one calls them Chick Cars. I think we can all agree that the 986s and 987s are fantastic rides whoever is behind the wheel.

M21sniper Let me explain my connection between Boxsters and war vets. . . There is something inherently dangerous about being SHOT at. (something not usually associated with weak individuals.) I have four pink slips and various medal citations to my name to prove myself. I resent the attack. In case you think the Kiwanis Organization is a fake you may not want to check out the announcement on the bottom right of page one of the following link. http://www.glendalekiwanis.org/KNews/051104.pdf
Speaker: Raffi Najarian, Lieutenant Colonel 146th Airlift Wing --This Friday: November 4 - Noon.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:33 AM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Speaker: Raffi Najarian, Lieutenant Colonel 146th Airlift Wing --This Friday: November 4 - Noon.
My neighbor just returned from 12 mo in Iraq, I solute ya buddy!

I took care of what his wife could not around the house (no not in the biblical sense) in his absence.

Regards
Old 12-23-2005, 12:49 AM
RG Najarian
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 18 Posts

Thanks for the kind words rbennett! We're honored wear the uniform. Thanks for keeping an eye out for family members. I spent some time in the United Arab Emerates where there were a LOT of 996s. They do not sell a lot of sun roofs or leather seats there. Something about 130 degree summer heat.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:31 AM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Something about 130 degree summer heat.
Sounds like where I live! I went to work this morning (high tech, east coast connection) at 5:45 and it was 61 temp!

Put the top down going through a Starbucks!

Regards

Quick Reply: another Boxster bashing story...