Sponsored by:

Gave/Received a wave from 356

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 10:22 AM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gave/Received a wave from 356

I have been driving my mom's '00 boxster around a bit lately while I wait for a power window regulator so I can put my window glass back in...great car. I miss the turbo rush but the car handles great as you all know.

Anyway I passed a 356 cab going the other way and threw a wave out the window, look in the rear view and I saw it returned... made my day....probably made his too and made him realize that some boxster drivers are enthusiasts too.

Any other similar stories out there?
Old 08-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Michael Jekot
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 356 C coupe and a Boxster and i wave at myself all of the time!

Seriously, if there is a group of owners that are all about the wave I'd say the 356 group is the one. Some of them INVENTED the wave so be respectful and always wave at the 6er.
Mike
Old 08-26-2005, 06:39 PM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by adrial
Anyway I passed a 356 cab going the other way and threw a wave out the window, look in the rear view and I saw it returned... made my day....probably made his too and made him realize that some boxster drivers are enthusiasts too.
He probably almost ran off the road when a Boxster owner waved. When in the 928 the only waves I ever get are from the other older models. Wave at a Boxster and it's a "what are you waving at?" look. Glad to hear there are other Boxster folks who appreciate the classics.
Old 09-04-2005, 11:19 PM
heybiff
Instructor

Default Wow, I'm surprised

My morning coffee run takes me thru the part of town where I'm most likely to encounter Porsche owners, and I religiously wave, even at the "peppers". To date I've never recieved a return wave, most of the time it's Boxster drivers I pass.

I must admint I'm undecided about wether they don't know about the wave, or don't recognise a 951.

Heybiff
Old 09-05-2005, 02:20 PM
jamscal
5th Gear

There is a 944 (turbo? turbo bumper at least) driver who waves. (I wave back of course). It's a nice one, he's obviously an enthusiast.

I initiated a wave at a new Carrera 4S (Nice!!!!) and didn't get a return. But who knows if they saw me?

-James
'01 Boxster S
Old 09-05-2005, 06:02 PM
heybiff
Instructor

Default Hmmm

I've thought abou flashing the driving lights instead, but you know, it's suppossed to be a wave.

I'll do an experiment tomorrow and try to make the wave REALLY obvious. We'll see how it goes.

Heybiff
Old 09-05-2005, 10:06 PM
FormulaRX
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

haha reminds me of that old Boxster commercial where the old guy wakes up from a coma after many years and goes for a drive in his silver 356 (or was it a 550???) that's been garaged and he comes upon a brand new silver Boxster and both the old and the young guy are impress by eachother's rides.

anyway, are you sure it was a real 356 or was it a replica? whatever the case, you probably got a plus in his book because most Boxster drivers are regarded as showoffs and don't know much about their cars or have an appreciation for other porsches.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:25 AM
ESSJAY
Advanced

I'm so glad to find how important waving is to other people. I thought it was just me! I've been a 924, 944, 964, and now a Boxster owner, and I now find its the 996 drivers who can't seem to wave and steer at the same time. Perhaps it's becouse most of them are so old.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:15 AM
MelissaInNJ
Instructor

I find the peace sign gets better results than the wave. Don't know why.....

Melissa

Quick Reply: Gave/Received a wave from 356