Sponsored by:

2 1/2 Men - Boxster is for girls?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 04:28 AM
85percent
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
boxster can be a chic's car, mom's car, pope's car, dead person's car, whatever, it doesn't negate the fact that it is one of the very best car porsche has ever made. those who don't think so either haven't driven one or haven't figured out how to drive.
.....or purchased one from '98-'99
Old 05-14-2005, 03:11 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyBiz
Paris Hilton has or had one and Steven Baldwin did too.
Girls' car! Where did they ever get that idea?
Attached Images  
Old 05-17-2005, 05:52 PM
zschu97
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put an unmuffled exhaust system on it and blow everyone's ears off.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:20 AM
sca037
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hollywood Hyperbole

Let's put it this way, Charlie Sheen's character on "2 1/2 Men" drives a Jaguar convertible. Manly ride? I say poseur ride!!!
Run both cars through an autocross once and see which car delivers the true performance, phallic symbolism aside

'Nuff said,
Brian
Old 05-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by 85percent
a long time ago i had a miata with a T3 greddy turbo pushing 14 psi... i loved when people drove by and yelled out comments like "is that your little sisters car?" ....i guess they didnt have much to say when i downshifted and the last sound they heard was the wooooosh of the blowoff valve before i left 'em in the dust....

but yea usually people that stereotype "girly" convertables that can perform are yuppies that don't know they're own @ss from a hole in the wall...
I also had a TicTac (white Miata... my wife called it a TicTac)... I had the Greddy Turbo kit with a custom made intercooler... that thing was a blast (suspension, roll bar, wheels... you name it.. it had it... dual low profile lights)...I had to go thru three clutch setups because nothing would hold... I miss it, but not that much since it gave way (along with the 328i I had then) to my first Porsche (a 993C2S)... but it was a fun and fast tic tac... never really saw it as a chic's car... same goes with the Boxster... to me it is a timeless design and the new one is even better with the revised interior. It is too bad that I need the rear seats (love to take the kids with me and need to take them to school every morning)...

Old 05-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Delesh
Instructor

I say let the ignorant think its a "lowly chicks car". That way they will feel worse when the car they feel is so inferior passes them on the race track. Oh, I forgot, the people who make these comments don't ever go to the racetrack. They just drive around in their homophobic, schovenistic, dude cars (whatever they may feel those are) posing and parading for everyone to behold how cool and manly they are. I have no doubts about my identity because of the car I drive. There are so many cars that are labeled as such that are really a blast to drive. If I am having fun thats all that matters

Seems like most people buy cars as status symbols. "This car will show I am more powerful than others because its bigger, more expensive, etc." This takes too much work for me. Isnt constantly having to check up on what is cool and trendy or "how do I look" in a certain car seem like a more stereotypical "chick" type behavior anyway.

Whatever, I guess I just dont get it!?!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:38 AM
autobahnNY
Pro

Its funny how I read this thread on a Boxster is a chick car. I had my Boxster in '99, fairly new to society at the time. It was not seen as a chick car at all. People..all people would just have tons of questions..what is it??? Unbelievable actually. As time passed, and the consumer base grew (including lots of women), this is when it started to become known as a chick car. I don't care..I purchase another one (Box S). This car is addictive!

Quick Reply: 2 1/2 Men - Boxster is for girls?