Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baby Got A New Pair Of Shoes…almost (no thanks to UPS)!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 12:59 PM
J-RAD
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Baby Got A New Pair Of Shoes…almost (no thanks to UPS)!

Here's my sob story...

After a lot of research and deliberation, a week or so ago I decided to order a new set of wheels for my Boxster S.

Roock had the wheels expressed shipped so that I might get them that same Friday, however, since the wheels were coming from Germany he thought that I might not receive they until Monday (two days ago). Needless to say I was pretty stoked to get the wheels once I finally pulled the trigger.

Well, Monday morning the UPS truck is waiting in front of my house. I'm thinking, "Sweet, my wheels are here!" I had already set up an appointment to have them mounted later in that afternoon. But, not so fast. The UPS guy says he only has 3 boxes for me. Of course, he must be mistaken. Nope. Only 3!

The shipping tags clearly say: X of 4. The UPS guy says the other one must've been mis-sorted or something and will probably show up tomorrow. He told me that if it comes in on Tuesday that he'd bring it out first thing in the morning - that way I won't have to wait around all morning (pretty cool). After he left I called UPS International to confirm the issue. They told me the package was mis-sorted and should be delivered tomorrow. Fine...I was disappointed but what do you do? So, I called and rescheduled my tire appointment for Tuesday.

Well, the sun came up on Tuesday, as expected. Once again I couldn't wait for the remaining wheel to arrive - especially after looking at the 3 I have (pics below). 9:30am passes, then 10:30am...still no UPS truck. What the hell? I check the UPS site. It looks like the mis-sorted package has not moved! I get on the horn with UPS to find out what's going on. They tell me they show it as in transit and that it will probably arrive tomorrow! WTF! Once, again, I canceled my tire appointment...

Here are a couple shots of the wheels I did get:
18" Roock Competition (http://www.roockusa.com/products/box...ct.asp?catid=9)

Front (8.5 x 18):

Rear (10 x 18):

So, here we are today, I called UPS and they still have no update. They ask if I want to start a tracer. I'm beside myself. I asked the phone rep what that means (I already had a pretty good idea but needed to hear her say it). She says, well we'll start researching where the package is. I almost lost it. I told her, "You mean you guys have known for 2 days that you mis-sorted - which is a fancy word for LOST - my package and no one has moved a butt muscle in the meantime to determine where it is? I'd expect that someone was already looking into this since I've called you the last two days on this" What's worse is that she goes on to tell me that the "investigation" may take up to 8 days! That is completely unacceptable. But again, what can I do? I'm pretty bummed.

Delivering only 3 wheels...what can I do with 3 wheels? I'm pretty sure this qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment…
Old 05-05-2005, 11:17 AM
RJMDAD996
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the feeling, had a problem just like that once. The horror -
Old 05-05-2005, 12:43 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

Nice wheels. Did you pay for the shipping? This missorting happen to me once. I wasn't too pleased about the delay in my package because of their error. I contacted customer service for a refund and they refunded my money without a problem.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:54 PM
Sonic dB
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

UPS Sucks.

They lost a package of mine a while back...and I had the freaking tracking number too! The driver never scanned in the package therefore the tracking number was no good...

I started Scans on 3 different occaisions and they never lifted a finger to call me to let me know what was going on. Ultimately the package was lost with no explanation or offer to recoup from UPS.

UPS Sucks. good luck with your wheels they look nice.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:09 PM
J-RAD
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks. The latest is that UPS found the missing package and attempted delivery this morning. Of course I wasn't around to accept the package becasue no one from UPS bothered to call and tell me they'd found the package. I'm going to try and pick it up this afternoon... ***fingers crossed***
Old 05-05-2005, 06:56 PM
autobahnNY
Pro

Even though it was delivered, you can still get your money back. Just shoot UPS customer service an email. Its that simple.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Turboflyer
Pro

Well be thankful they didnt send it back and mis sort again. I have had a few good rounds with them myself. Glad there on.

Quick Reply: Baby Got A New Pair Of Shoes…almost (no thanks to UPS)!