Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 06:37 AM
Amfibius
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desnorkeling a Boxster 2004

Hello everyone,

First post!

I have read about desnorkeling a Boxster and did a google search and came up with this and this.

With what little daylight I had left I went and tried to de-snorkel my 2004 Boxster. The trim ring is slightly different to these instructions and I couldn't get the clips out. I have studied the pictures on both those websites and still cannot figure which way I need to push the retaining clips.

I have also done a search on these forums and have not come up with anything that might help me.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:33 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Let us know how the sound changes and if you feel any "seat of the pants" difference! Might do the same on my '04...
Old 03-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Amfibius
2nd Gear

How does it sound? Like this (see second post). THAT is why I want to desnorkel my Boxster!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:59 AM
Geza
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 57 Posts

I'll pass! Seems to me that removing the inlet tube (snorkel) is a big mistake. The inlet tube, engineering wise, does a few things: it controls where the intake air comes from. In this case, it's fresh, cool air from outside the vehicle; it also allows the intake air flow to "develop" properly in order to minimize pressure loss through the intake tract, which equates to denser air being consumed, thus, more power. There may even be some flow resonance attributes to employing the inlet tube. Again, more power.

I'd like to think the Porsche engineers didn't design the part, have tooling made, manufacture the part and then assemble it because, if they didn't, the Boxster would make more power.

Quick Reply: Desnorkeling a Boxster 2004