Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 Boxster for sale w/New Motor & Many Extras

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 04:39 PM
chris924S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doug I wasn't commenting directly about the price of your car. I was just sharing the prices that I have seen at a few local Porsche dealers in my area, of which there is an extremely large concentration of dealerships and porsche owners, i.e., agressive pricing.

I see what you are saying about the 3rd Party Warranties.

Did you read this months Panorama, it is an eye opener about the sleeved motors. Originally they were not supposed to be sleeved, but because of porosity problems with the blocks, the decision was made to sleeve them. Unfortunately, quite a few Porsche owners found out about this situation after they had bought the car, and some, more unfortunately, found out once the warranty had run out.

This is the kind of stuff that GM and Ford have done over the years. But Porsche? I am getting quite disenchanted with the new direction the company has taken. Especially since the Cayman will not be more expensive than the Boxster and not the reverse.

I am seriously thinking about buying a Honda S2000 which has much lower operating, insurance and maintenance costs. I have test driven three of them, along with a 2001 Boxster S, 2004 Boxster and a 2005 Boxster. I find them to be quite comparable. Is that sacrilegious? Maybe, but I like the performance/dollar trade off.
Old 04-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Chris, I think I understood you weren't directly referring to my car. I just wanted to take the opportunity to clarify my situation, etc.

I did see the Panorama...quite the article. And I have to agree with you, I'm not really pleased with Porsche of late. But the good news is it looks like the new Cayman will be a real screamer (and a true driver's car) and Porsche is finally getting back into higher level racing with the LMP2 prototype debuting at Petit Le Mans. Still, it's a modern world and the modern Porsche is very different than the Porsche of old. But at least they seem to be heading in a better general direction.

As for the S2k...it's your money so do what makes you happy! Personally, I can't see my life w/o a Porsche so there will always be one in the garage. (..unless I'm "between Porsches".. ) But even my tastes change...as evident from me going to a Subaru Legacy sedan as my new "daily" driver and the Boxster as the "nice weather" car (where just a year or two ago I would have never thought I'd do that).

What ever you do...good luck with it!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:04 PM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Now on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW
Old 06-04-2005, 08:33 PM
svochuck
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doug... this is not a bump

what was the name and phone number of your mech with the 3.4 for sale i lost the info ...

thanks
chuck
svochuck@aol.com
Old 06-06-2005, 08:11 AM
Doug&Julie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not sure if he still has it, but it is

Ken Farler
Farler Performance

By the way...as of Saturday my car is gone!

Quick Reply: 1999 Boxster for sale w/New Motor & Many Extras