Help needed! heater not working

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 10:21 AM
vandieman27
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help needed! heater not working

Hello all,
Recently got my first Porsche, a 2000 S, with 14k miles. Love it!

Problem is, all at once, I am not able to get any interior heat. All controls work fine, car at normal temp, blower blowing, set at higher temp, blows COLD air all the time. Any ideas of where to start looking? Thanks for any suggestions. Geoff
Old 02-21-2005, 12:50 AM
deliriousga
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried manually turning off the compressor? Just to make sure it's not the A/C cooling over the heater. If it is the heater, from previous experience with other cars, it's more than likely the heater valve, especially since the car has sat alot and had plenty of time to corrode the rubber inside the valve. All it does is channel the hot water through the heater core when the heat is on and closes that channel when the heater is off. I have not looked on the Boxster so I don't know if its' "resting position" is closed or open. Call a mechanic and ask them. If the resting position is closed then it could be the valve. If that position is open, then the valve is most likely not the problem, but could be the vaccum that opens and closes the valve. I'd start there before trying to diagnose electrical stuff.

Originally Posted by vandieman27
Hello all,
Recently got my first Porsche, a 2000 S, with 14k miles. Love it!
Btw, if you're not already, DRIVE THAT BABY!! These cars aren't made to sit around, they're made to be driven often and driven hard and your PO made her do alot of sitting.

Check the other boards for some of the older models. On the 928 boards, most of the problems we discuss are from POs who let them "sit and rot". The guys who drive them daily or weekly have far fewer problems. Just a tip from hanging around these parts.

ISN'T IT FUN FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOUR P-CAR??!!

Quick Reply: Help needed! heater not working