Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REVO TECHnik chip...275hp! 256tq!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 03:24 AM
ricknish
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REVO TECHnik chip...275hp! 256tq!

Has anyone looked into the new REVO tuning chip for the Boxster & Boxster S?

275hp for the S and 236 for the non S.

Check it out.
http://www.revotechnik.com/

I have a revo chip for my 1.8t so i know these guys are for real. I was thinking about getting an S but was worried about the lack of power....this will def solve that problem for a reasonable amount of $.
Old 12-14-2004, 04:32 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is new to me. I will certainly be watching this thread closeley...
Old 12-14-2004, 08:48 AM
dennis a from pa
Instructor

So in my car that would be only 9 more HP, with no mention of what happens to torque curve...i doubt 9 hp would be even noticeable.
Old 12-14-2004, 10:04 AM
HBacura
Racer

Originally Posted by ricknish
Has anyone looked into the new REVO tuning chip for the Boxster & Boxster S?

275hp for the S and 236 for the non S.

Check it out.
http://www.revotechnik.com/

I have a revo chip for my 1.8t so i know these guys are for real. I was thinking about getting an S but was worried about the lack of power....this will def solve that problem for a reasonable amount of $.

Hmmm first post advertising for someones site...makes me wonder. You are worried about lack of power in the S...is that 1.8t an audi??
Old 12-14-2004, 07:03 PM
doclaw64
Intermediate

I have emailed them and they sent me a dyno sheet. 19 hp w/o and exhaust and 31 with. The dyno sheet looked like it might have come from a dyno, but lacked any titles. It could have been drawn but they seemed helpful so far.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:51 AM
ricknish
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by HBacura
Hmmm first post advertising for someones site...makes me wonder. You are worried about lack of power in the S...is that 1.8t an audi??

The 1.8t is a dub but I have been checking this site out for a while to learn more about Porsche's and the Boxster in particular. I was a little worried about the power because all of the cars right now are putting up massive numbers and if I was shelling out $30k for an S that only had 250 stock w/o much tuning capabilities it just doesnt seem like enough.

Since I have the REVO for my 1.8t I often peruse the website to see what their new products are and if there are any updates for the program I am running. I was just so excited when I saw this chip and it didn't seem like any of you guys knew anything about REVO since they mostly offer products for the VW/audi crowd. I knew some of you out there would be interested!

I'm not sure if you guy's noticed but there are only a few dealers in the U.S. that can program Porsche ECU's, so most of us are out of luck anyways....for now.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:40 AM
HBacura
Racer

Yes, good points...I've never heard of them until you mentioned them, which is great to see another source for performance I agree $$/hp ratio for a Boxster just doesn't make sense, but you do get a lot more out of the car then just big hp/tq numbers. Tuning these cars are very expensive comparied to other cars, and you don't really get that value bang for the buck increase either, but hey what can I say...I love higher performance, and that's why I still shell out the extra $$ to improve my Boxster's performance.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:55 AM
JeffES
Pro

Don't forget - you're comparing "chipping" a forced (turbo 1.8) intake vs. Normally aspirated (Boxster). In an "NA" car, chipping by itself just can't do much - in fact, all chipping can do to an "NA" car is to move the Hp & Torque curves around a bit. Save your money. Better yet, spend those $$ on driver's education - you'll dramatically improve the performace of the key item in any car....
J
Old 12-15-2004, 02:38 PM
HBacura
Racer

Originally Posted by JeffES
Better yet, spend those $$ on driver's education - you'll dramatically improve the performace of the key item in any car....
J

What about everyday normal street driving?
Old 12-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by dennis a from pa
So in my car that would be only 9 more HP, with no mention of what happens to torque curve...i doubt 9 hp would be even noticeable.
My thoughts exactly Dennis.

Charlie

Quick Reply: REVO TECHnik chip...275hp! 256tq!