Sponsored by:

Car alarm sounding for no reason

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 07:02 PM
jvangelder
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Car alarm sounding for no reason

This can be viewed as an F.Y.I because of a weeklong experience!
Over the past 6 days, the alarm horn sounded in the middle of the night.
Thank goodness I was able to shut the horn off from inside my house by pointing my key through a window, at the car. My neighbors did not take long to make their feelings known to me. I stayed up all night yesterday to watch for someone or little furry friends doing something to the car to no avail.
2 days ago, I took the car to Valley Motors Porsche, where the mechanic cleared the computer. Today, I took the car back to the dealer. He found the cause of the problem- The right side of the radio was slightly loose. The mechanic pushed the radio in until it clicked. Problem solved. Thank heaven for diagnostic computers and smart mechanics.
Jim VG
Old 10-28-2004, 12:43 AM
2drive
3rd Gear

I've had the same problem several times but for different reasons. On one occasion, the infrared sensor cover fell off and triggered the alarm. But that was just a one-time irritant. What was worse was when an insect or spider got to moving about the interior and set it off several times late at night before I figured out what was going on.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:31 PM
jvangelder
6th Gear

Sorry, I did not return your reply about the Boxter S alarm sounding without good cause. I seldom use the computer because I can not type. I have to use the hunt and peck method, which is very time consuming. But, at my age(68), I am not in the mood to return to school.
It is nice to know that I am not the only one with an errant alarm problem. For all the good they do, I would prefer that alarms not be installed on cars. No one pays attention to them when they sound off anyway(unless they are trying to sleep).
Jim V.G.

Quick Reply: Car alarm sounding for no reason