Sponsored by:

Awsome boxster for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 10:54 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

You want to talk about a "proper Porsche"?

Was your Boxster built by Porsche or that company in Finland that also builds Saab's?
Old 07-07-2004, 01:27 PM
Jim_H
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 07-07-2004, 03:06 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

price seems steep for a 2.5 with 60k. paint on front bumper also doesn't look very well matched...doesn't look like it was blended.

pretty disappointing for an "awesome"
Old 07-07-2004, 03:47 PM
saphriel
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer the stock look myself.
But to each his own.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:44 PM
dove
Banned

Originally posted by Drewster67
Dove -

I cannot believe I read what you wrote. A 928 handles like ummmm quote
"Ive owned a 928 and and can safely say it handled like a north sea oil tanker.

I'm an instructor for a local club and I have driven a 2003 Boxster S on the track w/no mods. A good, clean, fun ........ car but doesn't compare to a front engine RWD V8. Like apples to oranges

Are you on Dope - Dove?.

LOL - Good Luck with your sale.

Edited Comment: If you are on Dope - Break out Man! JK and
Drewster,You are intitled you your opinion but I cant agree with that.The trouble is you Americans are obsessed with V8 power!!

Paul
Old 07-07-2004, 04:45 PM
dove
Banned

Originally posted by Hacker-Pschorr
You want to talk about a "proper Porsche"?

Was your Boxster built by Porsche or that company in Finland that also builds Saab's?
It was built in Germany actually.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:48 PM
dove
Banned

Originally posted by David in LA
price seems steep for a 2.5 with 60k. paint on front bumper also doesn't look very well matched...doesn't look like it was blended.

pretty disappointing for an "awesome"
Nice try Dave in LA its got a great paint job. Boxsters are worth that it the UK,but I know its typical for you types to think the USA is the world.

Paul
Old 07-07-2004, 04:54 PM
dove
Banned

Originally posted by Gretch
You can say anything you want, but you can't avoid looking stupid doing it...... Money is not a cure for bad manners............

If your shark handled poorly it was prolly pilot error...............

uh "Cheers" mate...........

'least you had the common sense to apologize to Randy.....but cursin' will get you another stay in the corner.............
Yes I apologised to Randy cos he's a nice guy,but 928's are still utter crap and I would not pretend I was having a good time by owning one,they really shouldnt bare the Porsche name.Its like V8 no cash and a small *****.

Paul
Old 07-07-2004, 05:55 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Originally posted by dove
Drewster,You are intitled you your opinion but I cant agree with that.The trouble is you Americans are obsessed with V8 power!!

Paul
We are obsessed with power, period. If it were not for Carol Shelby and the american V-8, AC would be a forgotten company.

Show me a Boxster than can run a 2:17 or better at Road America. There are only a couple of GT3's that have come close, this includes "The Racers Group" team.

Why that number? I can show you a street based 928 that turns those times.

Face it, the Boxster is the modern day 944. Not a bad thing but totally out classed by the 928 series.
Old 07-07-2004, 06:12 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

Unless you put a big 911 engine in your boxter, you really wont have a chance against a simularly prepared 928, especially a 928 only 20 years old like mine! I agree, all this needs to be setted on the track and that has already happened. this very powerful and well prepared Boxter (with 911 engine) was several seconds behind the 20year old 928 with probably less prep. Hey, dont get me wrong, its a beautiful car, and very fast, but it did need a 911 engine to get it to its current level.

I love all porsches. (just some are cheaper to race than others) no money as a limit, you would see me driving a GT3!!

Lets face it , there was a reason porsche put the smaller engine in the Boxter, if they didnt, it would have got in the way of 911 sales. as you know, most of the front of the boxter is a 911! (and the "S" has the brakes and even more power, but still not to the 911 standards)

the 928 was the flagship up until '95. Not to many cars in the world can beat this 20year old car, even today. (better bring a viper or a GT3 if you want to run this old guy into the ground) Not to many cars can muster 400hp with only a set of headers and weigh 2650lbs by just gutting it!
(not to mention the ability to fit 305s and 275 size tires with No body work!)

Respect your elders!!

Hey, all in fun, right????

MK
Old 07-07-2004, 06:35 PM
dove
Banned

Originally posted by mark kibort
Unless you put a big 911 engine in your boxter, you really wont have a chance against a simularly prepared 928, especially a 928 only 20 years old like mine! I agree, all this needs to be setted on the track and that has already happened. this very powerful and well prepared Boxter (with 911 engine) was several seconds behind the 20year old 928 with probably less prep. Hey, dont get me wrong, its a beautiful car, and very fast, but it did need a 911 engine to get it to its current level.

I love all porsches. (just some are cheaper to race than others) no money as a limit, you would see me driving a GT3!!

Lets face it , there was a reason porsche put the smaller engine in the Boxter, if they didnt, it would have got in the way of 911 sales. as you know, most of the front of the boxter is a 911! (and the "S" has the brakes and even more power, but still not to the 911 standards)

the 928 was the flagship up until '95. Not to many cars in the world can beat this 20year old car, even today. (better bring a viper or a GT3 if you want to run this old guy into the ground) Not to many cars can muster 400hp with only a set of headers and weigh 2650lbs by just gutting it!
(not to mention the ability to fit 305s and 275 size tires with No body work!)

Respect your elders!!

Hey, all in fun, right????

MK
Hi Mark Great pic,look its like this the GTS is a great car because it runs a manual gearbox,most 928's are auto and feel like a great big slug wollowing around because of this,its go no track potencial with the auto box to me it just feels like an auto jag, big yank, ETC.Can you really call an auto 928 a true drivers car compared to a manual smaller engined boxster, The 928 auto is a long distance tourer should a Porsche be a grand tourismo or a drivers car?surely in the spirit of Porsche its a drivers car.I recently saw a picture of a line of 550's coming out for a race in the early 60's in Germany that took my breath away the cars were battered the drivers looked so up for it,the 550 may be slow but those guys look so much like true racers.Do you see where I am coming from?
Regards
Paul
Old 07-07-2004, 06:35 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 65 Posts

come out west and Ill give you the ride of your life. If you had a bad handling 928, you either couldnt driver or had a worn out 20 year old suspension , that any car would be a handfull driving. As the 2200lb 240 rear wheel HP 911s in 2000 what they saw filling their mirrors. Thats right, a misclassed 3300lb 928 with a set of headers. (and driven to the track in comfort as well)

Now, if you are talking about the almost 30 year old porsche 928s, you may have a point, but make no mistake, from 1981 onward, they came stock with over 300-350hp with the 4.7euro, 5 liter US, to the 5.4 liter in 1992.

perfectly balanced and a blast to drive. like I said, have any doubts, visit your local track and see if anything comes close for the preparation!

Remember, as was said, Mark Anderson at Road America ran a 2:18, and only to be beaten by a ALMS GT3RS car with the winner of Lemans at the wheel.

now, back to figuring out how to get a 3.6 liter 996 engine so it can keep up with a 20 year old 928.

again, all in fun, right??

MK

btw, attached is a recent battle with a 2200lbs 3.8liter RSR powered 911, and a 993 factory 3.8 liter cup car '97, with a 3.2 liter 911 powered 914x6.
funnything was, the 928 was pretty equal in handling to all of these cars, and some with more power in front!

I'm a fully paid up rennlist membr and I can say what the f**k I want.
Ive owned a 928 and and can safely say it handled like a north sea oil tanker.
Attached Images  
Old 07-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Gretch
Range Master
Pepsie Lite
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1,235 Likes on 755 Posts

Yes ,but 928's are still utter crap and I would not pretend I was having a good time by owning one,they really shouldnt bare the Porsche name.Its like V8 no cash and a small *****.

Paul
You really ARE a classless piece of crap arn't you...................Trying to teach you manners is like putting lipstick on a pig. It doesn't do much good and it irritates the pig. Keep up the trash talk dickweed....................
Old 07-07-2004, 06:41 PM
dove
Banned

Originally posted by mark kibort
come out west and Ill give you the ride of your life. If you had a bad handling 928, you either couldnt driver or had a worn out 20 year old suspension , that any car would be a handfull driving. As the 2200lb 240 rear wheel HP 911s in 2000 what they saw filling their mirrors. Thats right, a misclassed 3300lb 928 with a set of headers. (and driven to the track in comfort as well)

Now, if you are talking about the almost 30 year old porsche 928s, you may have a point, but make no mistake, from 1981 onward, they came stock with over 300-350hp with the 4.7euro, 5 liter US, to the 5.4 liter in 1992.

perfectly balanced and a blast to drive. like I said, have any doubts, visit your local track and see if anything comes close for the preparation!

Remember, as was said, Mark Anderson at Road America ran a 2:18, and only to be beaten by a ALMS GT3RS car with the winner of Lemans at the wheel.

now, back to figuring out how to get a 3.6 liter 996 engine so it can keep up with a 20 year old 928.

again, all in fun, right??

MK

btw, attached is a recent battle with a 2200lbs 3.8liter RSR powered 911, and a 993 factory 3.8 liter cup car '97, with a 3.2 liter 911 powered 914x6.
funnything was, the 928 was pretty equal in handling to all of these cars, and some with more power in front!
Another great pic,is that a 914 ahead of a 928??
Old 07-07-2004, 06:45 PM
dove
Banned

Originally posted by Hacker-Pschorr
We are obsessed with power, period. If it were not for Carol Shelby and the american V-8, AC would be a forgotten company.

Show me a Boxster than can run a 2:17 or better at Road America. There are only a couple of GT3's that have come close, this includes "The Racers Group" team.

Why that number? I can show you a street based 928 that turns those times.

Face it, the Boxster is the modern day 944. Not a bad thing but totally out classed by the 928 series.
Power to weight hacker,have you ever tried a lotus elise??

Quick Reply: Awsome boxster for sale