Sponsored by:

99 Boxster 5spd Not Starting

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2024, 03:51 AM
420tiesto
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Boxster 5spd Not Starting

I'm experiencing difficulties starting my car despite installing multiple brand new batteries. I've removed the alarm control unit, checked fuses, attempted to jump-start, and cleaned the terminals. The car got wet inside due to a clogged drain plug, but after inspecting the ACU, I found minimal corrosion. Even after cleaning the ACU, the issue persists. Two days ago I had the same problem, cleaning ACU plugs and battery terminals solved the issue. In addition to this I have been unplugging the battery because the dash stays lit, leading to battery drain. This morning I went to fill the car up with gas and initially it was not starting so I tightened up the terminals and was able to start the car. I drove to the gas station and turned off the car when I tried to turn it back on it would only click but not attempt to turn over. Currently when trying to start the car I hear one click and a faint high-pitched noise when attempting to turn, with slightly dimming headlights when turning the ignition. I plan to install a newly purchased ignition switch. Any other suggestions starting to get desperate?

Acu container with corrosion

Top left you can see some corrosion

Top of acu

Quick Reply: 99 Boxster 5spd Not Starting