Sponsored by:

Radiator leak?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 01:24 PM
tkilco
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Radiator leak?

Recently drove and had my some kind of coolant issue as a liquid sprayed out from the passenger side headlight area and then a coolant light came on the dashboard. After parking my car I noticed a leak coming out from the passenger side front wheel area and some hot liquid (I assume coolant) also coming out from the passenger headlight area. It does not appear to be leaking anymore after I have filled it with coolant as it was just above minimum coolant level. Anyone have any insights as I am scared to drive my car and would like to fix it myself if possible. Thank you
Old 12-07-2022, 06:27 AM
tcora
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by tkilco
Recently drove and had my some kind of coolant issue as a liquid sprayed out from the passenger side headlight area and then a coolant light came on the dashboard. After parking my car I noticed a leak coming out from the passenger side front wheel area and some hot liquid (I assume coolant) also coming out from the passenger headlight area. It does not appear to be leaking anymore after I have filled it with coolant as it was just above minimum coolant level. Anyone have any insights as I am scared to drive my car and would like to fix it myself if possible. Thank you
Accessing the radiator by removing the bumper cover and/or the fender liner is not difficult. Just look for all the fasteners, remove them, and you will be able to inspect the radiator (note that the A/C condenser is in front of it) and the connections to the rear of the cooling system.

I would also advise that you look to pick up a copy of the Bentley manual for reference.

Quick Reply: Radiator leak?