Sponsored by:

New Wiper Blades

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 02:41 PM
chilly_h2o
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Wiper Blades

So, I have been in the Porsche-owner family for a year now (lifelong dream) via this 2002 986 S and, though it has not been easy or cheap, it has been an amazing ride.

The reason I am posting is that it was really hard to get a definitive answer from this (or other) boards about wiper replacement, so I decided to share my successful solution, in case it is useful for other noobs.

The product I ultimately selected is the Bosch 582 S. The guy I got the car from had a different Bosch product on there that was miserable. Just left smears every time I had to use them. (It took me a year to deal with the problem because it's only an accident if the Gray Ghost sees any kind of rain). ;-)

This is a current link to the Amazon page and the instructions are pretty good in the first couple of comments:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZRQ48S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZRQ48S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In case the link is dead, the wipers are different sizes. The one with the spoiler goes on the (US) driver side with the spoiler pointing towards the hood. The other one goes on the passenger side and will look like a smile when you return it to its position flush with the windshield.

Also, huge tip if you don't know it already (that I got here somewhere) is to put a thick towel on the windshield when you raise the wipers off the glass, because they snap back hard, and if they do accidentally, it will crack the windshield.

Thanks to all of you who have posted here. Usually I can get whatever I need just by reading past posts.

Hopefully this will add something to the "library."

Pic below for reference.

Old 11-21-2022, 06:58 PM
Bush Pilot
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

Looks great and hope it works for you. I've learned through the years to get the OEM blades for my cars.

Quick Reply: New Wiper Blades