Sponsored by:

Won't take fuel, pending codes...vent valve swapped

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2022, 06:10 PM
SKJSS0307
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Won't take fuel, pending codes...vent valve swapped

My '03 base is exhibiting all the symptoms I've read about of a bad vent valve. It won't take fuel unless I go ridiculously painfully slow, as in 10 minutes to fill up. I have pending fault codes, and the emissions system is in not ready mode. I just followed the Pelican guide and swapped the vent valve out. A bit of a PITA, especially to get that back bolt holding the bracket. Admittedly I got a used vent valve. The car will now take fuel somewhat faster, but still not like it should. Maybe 1/4 normal speed now, where it was 1/10th normal speed before. Yes, very possible the vent valve I bought was crap. I'm going to get a brand new one and try that. If that doesn't do the trick, what else should I be looking at while I've got the right front wheel and fender liner off?
Old 07-31-2022, 09:45 PM
NuttyProfessor
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by SKJSS0307
My '03 base is exhibiting all the symptoms I've read about of a bad vent valve. It won't take fuel unless I go ridiculously painfully slow, as in 10 minutes to fill up. I have pending fault codes, and the emissions system is in not ready mode. I just followed the Pelican guide and swapped the vent valve out. A bit of a PITA, especially to get that back bolt holding the bracket. Admittedly I got a used vent valve. The car will now take fuel somewhat faster, but still not like it should. Maybe 1/4 normal speed now, where it was 1/10th normal speed before. Yes, very possible the vent valve I bought was crap. I'm going to get a brand new one and try that. If that doesn't do the trick, what else should I be looking at while I've got the right front wheel and fender liner off?
Hindsight is 20/20, but I wouldn't have spent the time and effort with a used vent valve. I've seen some threads in the past regarding what's involved to replace them. Sorry. Install the new Porsche part and report back. Do you know if these cars have charcoal canisters like other cars?
Old 08-01-2022, 07:17 AM
tcora
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by NuttyProfessor
Hindsight is 20/20, but I wouldn't have spent the time and effort with a used vent valve. I've seen some threads in the past regarding what's involved to replace them. Sorry. Install the new Porsche part and report back. Do you know if these cars have charcoal canisters like other cars?
Yes, they do.

Quick Reply: Won't take fuel, pending codes...vent valve swapped