Sponsored by:

Headlamp wire harness clip removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 11:53 AM
Simon Guertin
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlamp wire harness clip removal

Hi, I am replacing the headlamp wire harness, and there is the connector that is in the trunk that I cannot figure out how to disconnect. It does not seem to have any release pins. Anyone knows how to release it ?

See pictures.

Thanks!

Old 05-11-2022, 01:54 PM
DSallean
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I recall when I did mine it is a round release key that goes in from the mating side to release the pins. I got one of those terminal ejector or pin extractor tool kits with about 70 different "keys" on the chain and kept trying round ones until I found the one that worked. I ended up replacing/rewiring the harness in both headlights as well.
Old 05-19-2022, 07:39 PM
KevinGross
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 115 Posts

Your photos don't show the pins, but I suspect they are the 2.5 mm round ones. Assuming so, you need to first separate the two connector shell pieces, best done by shimming out the outer shell at or near the locking ramps. With the two parts separated, use tool Amphenol QXRT12S or something like it to depress the barbs on the connector pin.

If I have guessed the pins incorrectly, let me see a photo of what you've got. I don't check this forum often, PM works though.

Last edited by KevinGross; 05-19-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Headlamp wire harness clip removal