Sponsored by:

2000 boxster code P1128 and 1130

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 01:41 AM
Armando Sauceda
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2000 boxster code P1128 and 1130

Has any one had an issue with these two codes? All info there is oxygen sensing. Car has 66K and runs great, I clear codes and they return on the third drive cycle. All 4 02 sensors have been replaced. There was an issue with the AOS hose to the intake not connected properly for some time and engine sucked in over a quart of oil over some time before I noticed the issue with the hose. Since the flex hose was replaced and installed correctly there is no more oil getting sucked in to the intake. No other codes appear. When I clear the codes the car will shut off after start up but revving the engine for a short time even at drive speed the issue goes away and car runs great. The temp on the cats is over 500F when normal operating temp around 200F. Air conditioning does not affect it either those two codes eventually appear. I have a new Bosch MAF being sent to me and see if that solves the issue. Any one have any idea what may be the problem. BTW this is not the original engine it was swapped a few thousand miles ago,
The following users liked this post:
brianmch (04-12-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 12:43 PM
brianmch
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

AOS went kaput about a year ago. Indy said that I may need to keep an eye out as sometimes it will foul the 02 sensors and MAF.

CEL issues and uneven/ irregular idling triggered replacement of all 4 02's. Fine for a little while then bad idling again (surging, bucking, weirdness).

Replaced MAF, all fine until a couple weeks ago when the CEL went off again, resulting in 1128 and 1130 codes. Indy cleared, chastised me as a DE was coming. It didn't surge and cough like it had been previously but I put in another MAF.

I cleared the codes and drove the **** out of it at a DE. No CEL and great idling/running.

Who knows. I'm just glad its okay and able to run without issue.
Old 04-28-2021, 09:17 AM
brianmch
Advanced

Bumping this as the CEL intermittently resurfaces, stays cleared for a while, then reappears.

MAF is 1 wk old, all O2 sensors replaced in last 6 months.

Any ideas appreciated.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:32 AM
paulofto
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Beyond changing the MAF and the O2 sensors did you do a cleaning of the throttle body or intake runners? A blown AOS can put oil in the induction system that fouls things up for quite some time if not cleaned out. Also make 100% sure you have the right MAF. 2000 was a change over year for a number of things on a Boxster including the MAF.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:38 AM
brianmch
Advanced

Originally Posted by paulofto
Beyond changing the MAF and the O2 sensors did you do a cleaning of the throttle body or intake runners? A blown AOS can put oil in the induction system that fouls things up for quite some time if not cleaned out. Also make 100% sure you have the right MAF. 2000 was a change over year for a number of things on a Boxster including the MAF.
Thanks Paulo-
I sprayed out the throttle body when I replaced the first MAF but can re-spray it. No, I didn't clean out the intake runners. Seems like I need to put both of these on my to-do list.

I replaced plugs- would the coils need replacing by chance? I don't get any misfires.

Quick Reply: 2000 boxster code P1128 and 1130