Becker 220 Aux Cord

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2020, 09:59 AM
Dr. C
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Becker 220 Aux Cord

Good morning.

Just wondering what folks are doing for an aux cord for the stock Becker 220. My CD changer no longer functions and I guess I'm looking into taking it offline and adding iPod capability.

If you've done this, did you go for the 3.5mm cord, or the Apple Lightning cord?

I found this one, but that price???

https://www.discountcarstereo.com/il-bkr.html

Thank you!
Old 02-19-2020, 10:28 AM
Shawn Stanford
Rennlist Member

Received 867 Likes on 477 Posts

,For only a little more you can buy a new head unit and the installation kit. Crutchfield will even send you a pre-made wire loom that will plug the new head unit into the existing Becker harness.

Swapping the radio in a Boxster could not be any easier. I don't remember even needing any tools other than the pulls to get the Becker radio out.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:08 AM
Dr. C
Instructor

Thank you two for your replies.

Although it's now back on the table, I had kind of dismissed the idea of replacing the radio itself. I know my reasoning may not be conventional, but one, I really like to keep things stock, and two, I appreciated the simplicity of a CD changer. Press a button on the radio to select a disk, turn the (Sticky) dial to select a song, you're good to go. Simple. Adding an iPod was the next necessary step, but now it seems tossing the radio itself may need to happen.

I hadn't really considered just how easy it was to replace the head unit, and I guess that's now back on the table.

Again, thanks.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:01 PM
Dr. C
Instructor

Well, I embarrassed that it's taken me four months to do this, but I wound up getting an aux cord that just had a quarter inch stereo plug on the end. Bingo. Problem solved for now. I got the cord off of eBay, and it came with the two radio removal tools as well. $29.99.

Crutchfield was a great suggestion. They have quite a few radios, and they have the wiring harnesses/mounting brackets to make the change pretty simple.

Quick Reply: Becker 220 Aux Cord