Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brey-Krause needs a development car!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 10:43 AM
BKAuto
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brey-Krause needs a development car!

I am an engineer at Brey-Krause manufacturing. I am considering the development of a full roll bar for the Boxster (completely replacing the factory rollbar, unlike our rollbar extension). However to do this I need a development car.

This is a pretty big project, that MIGHT involve the removal of some of the interior, soft top and folding top hardware. I haven't decided how much will need to be removed from the car, but the more leeway I have the better.

Normally our policy is to take the car for a week or two, and give the donor free production pieces of anything we use the car to develop. Depending on the scope of this project I might be willing to entertain more generous compensation, including the fabrication of a custom roll bar or roll cage to the owner's specifications.

I have not nailed down details yet but if you are interested, please contact me at (610) 867-1401 or email me at jcostanzo@bkauto.com

Thanks!

Joe Costanzo
Engineer, Automotive Division
www.bkauto.comBrey-Krause Manufacturing
Old 03-02-2004, 10:20 PM
3.4boxster
Banned

Im interested. Give me a call at 919 302 5265. Geoff
Old 03-03-2004, 04:45 AM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

FYI, Joe, I just installed the Safety Devices roll cage. It bolted right in pretty easily, but snuggly. I had to remove the soft top, seats, seat belt, and the carpet along the rear firewall for the rear bar. Plus the center console and floor carpet to get the front mounted.

I think the only complaint I have with the Safety Devices cage is that the middle mount points only use one of the existing bolts to hold it in place.

Good luck with your project.
Old 03-03-2004, 08:41 AM
BKAuto
4th Gear

Unfortunately we just decided not to pursue the Boxster bar at this time. I apollogize. I will give you a call, Geoff. Thanks for your interest and I will keep you in mind in the future...

Quick Reply: Brey-Krause needs a development car!