Sponsored by:

ENGINE MOUNT REPLACEMENT

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 12:43 PM
user 20389
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ENGINE MOUNT REPLACEMENT

For quite awhile I have noticed a noise and thunk ( an actual feeling that the rear end shifted) in the rear end when I turn left after stop and accelerate moderately hard. I replace the front engine mount and its all gone. Looking at the old mount showed me why. The junction between rubber and metal mount was cracked through and the mount actually was sticking out more on one side than the other. After replacing the mount ( a PIA while laying on my back under the car) I am rewarded with no sound, no feeling of the thunk. Follow the web directions and you can change the mount but count on about 2-3 hours to get it all done.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:11 PM
BRC
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

My motor mount was completely trashed as well though it wasn't really sticking out like you describe. I would always get a large clunk when shifting hard 1st->2nd. I was amazed at how much better it was after replacing it
Old 08-12-2019, 11:15 PM
user 20389
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Easier if manual tranny

I think that my problem would have been more exaggerated if I had the manual tranny. My belief is that With the Tiptronic you don't pick up the vibration at 3000 rpm that folks describe and as much noise etc. Glad I replaced mine and before it became more of a problem.

Quick Reply: ENGINE MOUNT REPLACEMENT