Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't start, Strange and stranger. Not in a good way.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 02:28 PM
TheMitch
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Won't start, Strange and stranger. Not in a good way.

I posted a couple of weeks ago. 2003 Porsche Boxster S 37000 miles. Drove it to the hardware store about a 20 minute drive. Everything was fine till I wanted to leave. The car would turn over but wouldn't start. It had fresh non-ethanol gas, nearly full tank.
A couple of points which may or may not be relevant. : About a month ago the light on my remote (key) began to blink red I took this as a sign I needed to change the battery. Put in a fresh Duracell CR2032/ but the remote feature hasn't worked since. I have been manually locking and unlocking the door and inserting the key the ignition quickly to avoid setting off the alarm.

Now the engine turns over but will not start. I had the car towed home as I live in a remote area. This morning I attempted to raise the convertible top so I could work on the engine but nothing happened. I have had a battery tender on the battery to ensure it stays fully charged. The battery tender light was green indicating my battery was acceptably charged. I double checked to make sure the hand brake (emergency or parking brake) was fully pulled up. Ignition switch on, push the button for the top and nothing happened.. I press the brake pedal and clutch fully just for good measure and nothing happened with the top when I push the switch

Did I somehow cause the system to lock down? Is this something I can repair or disconnect? I live about 125 miles from the closest Porsche repair facility.

Thank you in advance for you good advice.

Quick Reply: Won't start, Strange and stranger. Not in a good way.