Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wing/door mirror out of adjustment...help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 11:57 AM
Skaanning
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wing/door mirror out of adjustment...help!

Hi all. I am new here and also quite new to Porsche.
3 months ago I bought a 986 from 1998. Great car with new upgraded IMS, clutch, wheels, tyres, wheel allignment and much more. Usually I drive old classics from England or Italy, so a 1998 Boxster is new in all aspects!
But something odd has happend. The door mirror on the passager side seems to have come out of adjustment - so to say. Not the actual mirror, but the whole "housing" in which the mirtor sits. The electric motor works fine and I can adjust up and down and left/right. But I can see that the housing has a slightly different angle compared to the one on the drivers side. I have no idea how this came to be, because it wasen' t an issue when I bought the car.
Anyway, the problem is that no matter how I adjust the mirtor with the electric motor, I can' t get a good look backwards in the mirror. And I don' t like that for safty reasons.
The housing seems to be fixed and not to move in any direction. Can it be moved manually? Or will I destroy the whole thing if I pull/push it?
I know it all sounds quite odd, but something has - somehow - happend. Any ideas to solve the problem?

Also; the little storage box between the seats has locked itself and no matter what I do it wont open again. Ideas for that? Perhaps it is broken somehow?

Thanks in advance!
Skaanning from Denmark.

Quick Reply: Wing/door mirror out of adjustment...help!