Notices
Boxster & Boxster S (986) Forum 1996-2004
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone with an owner's manual help me out?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 10:23 PM
HBacura
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can someone with an owner's manual help me out?

I am seeking some help with some questions and how-to's with my '99 Boxster. When I bought the car, it didn't come with an owner’s manual, so I was hoping some of you guys/ladies could help.

First, what is the motrontic and what does it do? I see there are upgrades for this part, but I have no clue what the motrontic is responsible for.

Second, I have a few driving lights that are out and need some help with part numbers and installation instructions. I know the front head lights use H7 bulbs, but does anyone know how you can replace them? Also my rear right fog light is out, and I don't know what size/kind of bulb it requires.

Third, can anyone tell me what the three dials located on the right side of the temperature display? I'm guessing the bottom one stands for recycle, and the oval one is for the main two AC vents in the middle of the dash. But, the arrows pointing up and down I have no clue what they stand for.

Last, does anyone know if there is a downloadable version to the owners manual, and or a great source to some how-to's...or do I have to cough up the $$$ and pay for a manual from the dealer?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanx
HB
Old 02-09-2004, 10:31 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here are some 2003 owner's manuals:

http://www.suncoastporsche.com/manuals/index.html
Old 02-09-2004, 10:58 PM
Tool Pants
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe you should just buy one. They are like $20.

Old 02-10-2004, 12:29 AM
HBacura
Racer

Thank you Viken.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Steve Wilwerding
Instructor

In answer to your questions:

1. Motronic is the computer program that controls the Boxster's engine.

2. I believe only your driver's side rear fog light is supposed to work.

3. The up arrow directs air out the top (like defrost), the down arrow directs air out the bottom.

4. Already answered.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:54 PM
HBacura
Racer

Well, I was able to replace the headlight bulb following the instructions from the 2003 Boxster manual that Viken provided me I can tell you, it's a lot harder then replacing a headlight bulb in my Integra. The process was straight forth, but I only ran into problems when I had to insert the headlight back into the frame of the car. Lining up the headlight assembly was a pain, but overall it was well worth saving $75 that dealer wanted to charge me. Steve Wilwerding, I believe you are correct about the driver's side rear fog light being the only one that comes on. I found out that I didn't have a bulb in the passenger's side, so I went to Advanced Auto Parts and purchased a bulb, and it still never lit up. O well, seems kinda odd to me. Thank you again for all of your help.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Steve Wilwerding
Instructor

HB, do you still own the Integra? If so, how do you like it? I'm about to purchase an RSX-S for my everyday driver.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:43 PM
HBacura
Racer

Steve, I still love my Integra. I don't drive it as much as used due to my black flat 6 baby. It was my first car so it's really hard for me to get rid of it. The car is still very reliable even though it’s heavily modified. It's a '92 with over 230,000k miles on it, I haven't had one major problem with it yet except when I had the stock exhaust system it rusted, but that was 8 years ago. I haven't driven a RSX, but I'm sure they are smooth riding, very reliable cars. The only thing I don't like about them is in stock form you can stand on one side of the car, crouch down around the wheel and look straight through the wheel well. Lowering springs would solve that quickly. If you end up getting it or testing driving it, shoot me a PM about your thoughts of the car.

Quick Reply: Can someone with an owner's manual help me out?