Sponsored by:

thoughts on 2002 Boxter S mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 11:01 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 111 Posts
Question thoughts on 2002 Boxter S mods

I am in need of some help/advice for my Father. He has been watching me modify my last three 911's, and has been infected with the bug. his latest Porsche is a 2002 Boxter S. He is looking at Supercharging the car at a well respected tuner in KC, ImagineAuto. He also wants the car to sound a bit more "tuned" as well. He has the intake already, and tried an exhaust system a year or so ago, but the resonance at cruising speed was horrible with top up, and the shop actually agreed and bought it back, and installed the stock unit for him, no charge. He is 65, does not track the car, and frankly does not push it very often, but wants more power.

So does anyone have any thoughts on supercharging the car for pure street use, and does anyone make a decent exhaust system that does not resonate too badly? I appreciate your thoughts, my experience lies with older turbo's.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:06 PM
DGI
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

3.4 swap
Old 02-17-2004, 12:42 AM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want more engine sound, check out the adrenalizer.com. I have not personally heard the product but it looks like a good idea. I have heard my own engine with the engine cover removed entirely, and it gets LOUD.

As far as power, I've been told that chips, EVO intake, headers and exhaust can produce an additional 35 or so HP. But they all need to be done in concert. And some exhausts, used by themselves, actually result in a slight loss of power.

Quick Reply: thoughts on 2002 Boxter S mods