Sponsored by:

Dome/Micro Switch

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2019, 09:39 PM
vza
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dome/Micro Switch

99 Boxster Base. Both windows don't roll all the way up unless I shim a small piece of rubber between the 'hook' and the latch. Am I correct to replace the micro switch located in the dome light? It only works with a shim .....if I push it with my finger it doesn't work either. Thanks V
Old 02-07-2019, 07:59 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 249 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by vza
99 Boxster Base. Both windows don't roll all the way up unless I shim a small piece of rubber between the 'hook' and the latch. Am I correct to replace the micro switch located in the dome light? It only works with a shim .....if I push it with my finger it doesn't work either. Thanks V
The behavior suggests the top latch switch is defective. While I recall over the years coming across a few owners who ended up having to replace the switch I don't recall ever coming across any work around like some kind of adjustment. Replacement is the only solution.

A search for Boxster top latch switch ought to get you a good selection of hits and probably a good DIY write up maybe even a video of how to deal with the switch.

Quick Reply: Dome/Micro Switch