Sponsored by:

Roll Hoop extensions

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 11:47 AM
BoxstersMike
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Hoop extensions

I'm plannning on doing a DE this spring and was wondering how many of you are using the B-K extensions ? Are they require in your region?

Also would like to understand how they are mounted.
(Instruction sheet would be great)

Mike M
02 986S
AS/GG/GG
Old 01-22-2004, 09:03 PM
NetManiac
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It depends on the club as to whether or not it is a requirement. My local PCA region requires some clearance between the top of your helmet, and a straight line between the roll hoops and the top of the A pillar (windshield). The POC requires one no matter what. And NASA doesn't require one at all. Check the rule book for the club you are going to be running with. It should state pretty clearly in the roll bar section if one is required or not.

Personally, I would recommend one no matter what the club says if you stick up above the hoops when you are strapped in and have your helmet on. I just makes good sense, $600 vs. a broken neck.

I don't have an instruction book for mine. But it's a pretty simple install. The bottom bolts into the shoulder belt mounts with the existing shoulder belt mount bolts. The top is secured to the apex of each hoop by a sturdy clamp (you have to remove the padding from the front of each hoop). And that's all there is to it. There is a little less clearance when putting the top up and down, but it still works. You will have to close the latch or it will nick the top of the extension on its way past.

Also, just another personal note. I would suggest looking into 5 or 6 point harnesses. Not only are they a good safety precaution, they actually help you drive (yes, that is true believe it or not!).

Hope that helps.

Quick Reply: Roll Hoop extensions