Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Is This Board So Non-responsive?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 03:51 AM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

EZRider, you are right. That has nothing to do with activity on this board. I just got a bad taste from visiting the front engine side of Rennlist. This thread should not have gotten sidetracked like that.

And God made Guards Red just for 944s. Or was that 944s just for Guards Red? hehehe...
Old 01-18-2004, 02:21 PM
Badger 928S2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think you'll find that as the boxster finds its way into more and more enthuiasts hands, then more people will joing the forum. I'm a 928 owner, but i'm keeping my eye out for that boxster coupe!
Old 01-18-2004, 04:43 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally posted by Tour18
Don't take this wrong, but I think a lot of Boxster owners are like a lot of Corvette owners. They drive what they drive only to impress others. They aren't into cars much less the Internet...

In my case, I'm a Boxster newbie, so I just read the posts. I have little to contribute. I'm still learning the thing... But I do check here several times a day...
Don't take this wrong; is there a right way to take it?

The Boxster community is as rich with enthusiasts as any Porsche type. You can search the Rennlist Boxster forum or visit the other links or just Google for Boxster and you'll find years of accummulated information on the Boxster.

Cheers,
Old 01-18-2004, 10:49 PM
Turboflyer
Pro

I believe it is because those that are smart enought to buy a Boxster dont want to pass on bad information. I like to comment on what I know about. This is my first Porshe and there is definitely a learning curve. It is a difficult vehicle from a technical standpoint to do more that just routine maintenance. Access, special tools, expensive technical materials and references add to the problem. It may be there is a mix of us that have always turned wrenches, just not on porches, and those that just love the car but could care less about how a particular technical aspect presents its self. I can barely afford the car. I have to do the work. If i had the money i still wouldnt take it in I would just buy more tool and a lift to work on it. To each their own. So when someone ask a question it could just be no one knows the answer, at least not yet.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:48 PM
Tour18
Banned

Carrera GT,

It's all numbers. If there are 30,000 new Vette drivers each year, and x% don't care, and x% are poseurs, and x% are gear heads... And of the gear heads you only get so many who do the Internet... You end up with a sum total of X.

With the Boxster, you start with even less numbers. So when you take out all of those who would never do the Internet, you end up with what appears to be a less responsive board. It's all in the numbers...

That's all.
Old 01-18-2004, 11:48 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Tour18
I just got a bad taste from visiting the front engine side of Rennlist. This thread should not have gotten sidetracked like that.
And God made Guards Red just for 944s. Or was that 944s just for Guards Red? hehehe...
Understandable if you just happen to enter a forum where bashing was a bit over heated. Frankly I don't udnerstand what this is all about. It's one thing when we bash a mustang or corvette owner foolish enough to enter our domain. But a Porsche is a Porsche no matter which model. Most importanlty they are all great cars. As far as I know the guards red color was made available for all Porsches across the spectrum. Isn't the Boxter available with this color?
Old 01-18-2004, 11:50 PM
Tour18
Banned

See, I'm like Turboflyer. I don't really participate because I'm sucking it all in.

I used to turn wrenches in my college days and I'm real conscious about being percieved as a squirrel... hehehe...
Old 01-19-2004, 12:05 PM
John Krawczyk
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The front engine water cool drivers can get pretty articulate bad mouthing anything Porsche. Except for their particular ride...
Hello! Good thing i dont agree with you, or i wouldnt be looking to get a Boxster as my next Porsche. All Porsches are great. Heck, if i could afford one, I buy a 996GT3. I love em all, just some more than others.

So now you'll have to find some other excuse for your lack of participation...
Aside from the garage jewelery observations, i'd like to add that the Boxster doenst seem to me to be much of a hands on kind of car. At lot of enthusiast like to work on thier own cars and swap info about it. I just havnt seen that much indepth shade tree Boxster wrenching tips. I'm sure as the used market expands and the cars come off warrenty and end up in the hands of guys like me, you will see more.
Old 01-19-2004, 12:50 PM
JeffES
Pro

John,
You've hit the point. Some (OK, me....) Boxster owners bought the car BC of what it is - not what it could be modified into, raced, rebuilt, etc. I've had my share of "wrenching" experiences (tried to keep a TR3 running during college...), but I didn't (and don't) care for modding (is that a verb???) my Boxster. What bugs me is the perception on the part of some that I'm not "carrying the flame" or some such for Porsche. I enjoy the cars. Period. I like to chat @ what I own. I don't burst into the boards of Porsches I don't like just to prove that I have an internet connection & a keyboard, and I'd appreciate the same courtesy (I know, I know - I'm expecting too much @ times!).
J
Old 01-19-2004, 12:51 PM
EZRider
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by John Krawczyk

i'd like to add that the Boxster doenst seem to me to be much of a hands on kind of car. At lot of enthusiast like to work on thier own cars and swap info about it. I just havnt seen that much indepth shade tree Boxster wrenching tips. I'm sure as the used market expands and the cars come off warrenty and end up in the hands of guys like me, you will see more.
John, good observation all around. Indeed, compared to the 944 the Boxter's are relatively hands off maintenance for now. In about ten years, as you noted, the Boxter will enter the do-it-yourself mainstream. By then I plan on adding one to my collection
Old 01-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Tour18
Banned

Great observation about the newness aspect... I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit afraid of the Boxster because it is new. I wouldn't do anything that might void the warranty...
Old 01-25-2004, 08:58 PM
GTRdream
Intermediate

Angry

yeah me to all the guys not very into it
THAT'S WHY I M SELLING MY BOXSTER S
NO BODY TALK ABOUT MODS LIKE 996 GUY 996TT
I SPEND LOT $$ MY BOXSTER
EXHAUST& HEADER / WHEELS/SUSP KIT/SHORT SHIFT/
LOT MORE EXTRA fftopic:

Quick Reply: Why Is This Board So Non-responsive?