Sponsored by:

Radio Stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 08:10 AM
Chipbenson
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Stopped working

After taking my car in to have the top replaced, my radio will not come on at all. There is a blinking red light off to the right. Any ideas on how to reset it? I have also looked in to seeing if it could be a fuse but there is no map showing which fuse is to what.
Thanks,
Old 10-22-2017, 03:19 PM
Macster
Race Director

Received 246 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by Chipbenson
After taking my car in to have the top replaced, my radio will not come on at all. There is a blinking red light off to the right. Any ideas on how to reset it? I have also looked in to seeing if it could be a fuse but there is no map showing which fuse is to what.
Thanks,
What model year?

Some model years, at least up to/including 2002 (my Boxster's model year) require a radio code be entered after the battery was disconnected.

If you have a Boxster that requires a radio code maybe the code is written into the owners manual?

Here's a link that provides instructions on how to obtain the info necessary to obtain the radio code:

http://www.radio-code.com/Porsche-Pa...ode_step_1.htm

Bear in mind that if you enter the code incorrectly you have to wait 30 minutes -- with the engine running -- before you can try again.

As for fuses, it doesn't read like a fuse problem but the fuse box lid should have a fuse chart stuck to the cover's inside surface.

Quick Reply: Radio Stopped working