Notices

East Coast Porsche Autoxers - WE NEED YOUR HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2011 | 11:58 AM
00r101
Racer

Originally Posted by porrsha
What classes are you running? SCCA?
This is a FTD type event for the Porsche-Corvette Challenge part so there are only two classes - Street Tire (treadwear 140+) and Race Tire. Street tire cars get 1 second subtracted from their times.

We also score this as a local CPA-PCA event. The classes can be found at http://cpa-pca.org/autocross/index.html And the corvette club scores this according to their classes.

Online registration for the event is at
Motorsportreg.com
Old 08-16-2011 | 12:05 PM
00r101
Racer

Originally Posted by pwalker
I was invited to, and participated in, the Philly Region's AutoX event at Warminster on Aug 6. Bunch of real nice folks - even for a novice such as myself.....hardcore too! I never heard so many different cars bouncing of rev limiters. I would love to attend, but the state of MD insists on raping folks trailering cars. I need to find a nice toll free way to get up there!! In the meantime, I'll stay down here in the DC Region
What??? I go down to Columbia all the time. No tolls. From Laurel 1-95N to 1-695W to 1-83N to US322E - 110miles - 2 hours.
Old 08-17-2011 | 10:11 PM
pwalker
Advanced

Originally Posted by 00r101
What??? I go down to Columbia all the time. No tolls. From Laurel 1-95N to 1-695W to 1-83N to US322E - 110miles - 2 hours.
I may have to try that! Thanks for the assist!!
Old 08-19-2011 | 10:10 AM
pwalker
Advanced

Wow! Looked at the points added for modifications - I'd definitely take a beating since there's no limit!
Old 08-19-2011 | 11:45 AM
sjfehr
Drifting

My local PCA only had one autocross in the last three years, and it was a weekend I was overseas on a business trip Sorry guys, I really don't care about losing a sleeping-in day to eat breakfast with a bunch of Porsche owners once a month.

I like that r-comps are taken into account with PCA classing, and that showing up on street tires can still be competitive. NASA Autocross classing is the same way.

Is this expected to be a 30 or 60 second autocross? 1 second street tire pax isn't bad on a 30 second course, but it might be worth trying to haul my r-comps up if it's longer. Of course, end of sept in PA, I might not be able to get heat into my Kumhos anyhow...
Old 08-20-2011 | 08:26 PM
00r101
Racer

Originally Posted by sjfehr
My local PCA only had one autocross in the last three years, and it was a weekend I was overseas on a business trip Sorry guys, I really don't care about losing a sleeping-in day to eat breakfast with a bunch of Porsche owners once a month.

I like that r-comps are taken into account with PCA classing, and that showing up on street tires can still be competitive. NASA Autocross classing is the same way.

Is this expected to be a 30 or 60 second autocross? 1 second street tire pax isn't bad on a 30 second course, but it might be worth trying to haul my r-comps up if it's longer. Of course, end of sept in PA, I might not be able to get heat into my Kumhos anyhow...
Course will be closer to 50 seconds than 30. Keep in mind that the 1 seconds handicap is to make cars more equal in the challenge. In the regular event when we award Porsche class prizes our points system pushes R tire cars a minimum of 1 class up.
Old 09-10-2011 | 02:43 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

How did Hershey fare in the floods, is the event still on?
Old 09-10-2011 | 09:33 PM
Earlydays
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sjfehr
.......I like that r-comps are taken into account with PCA classing, and that showing up on street tires can still be competitive. NASA Autocross classing is the same way.....
You can do the same with the SCCA, just run in the PAX Street Tire class.
Old 09-10-2011 | 09:56 PM
sjfehr
Drifting

Originally Posted by Earlydays
You can do the same with the SCCA, just run in the PAX Street Tire class.
By the same token, I could run AM. Either would be fine if all I wanted was a trophy, but isn't very satisfying unless there's good competition. What I *really* want is to compete with the fastest drivers in my region for the overall pax trophy, which I can't do on street tires and a BS pax.

I HATE r-comps and all the cost, hassle and time involved; I'm running V710s this year and aside from the satisfaction of competitive times, find myself wishing I was still running street tires. STR is the level of prep I want to compete in, and I'm pissed that SCCA still won't let 986S compete in STR with all the other BS cars, or even any ST* class at all. That's more for the STR, thread, though.

I'm still tentatively planning to come to Hershey, and when I do, I'll be competing on the same tires I drove 6 hours to the event on

Quick Reply: East Coast Porsche Autoxers - WE NEED YOUR HELP