Notices

Autocross and PSS9

Old 08-18-2010, 04:24 PM
levtron
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cohare
I run PSS9's couple suggestions:

- best mod (already had Pss9's too) racing seats. These helped my times more than r-comps or hoosiers, you feel the car starting to step out so much sooner, so you can use it vs. just try to save it. completely changed the feel of the car. You would be shocked at how much you are bracing yourself with normal seats. Before the seats a spin would start to happen before I noticed and by that time it was a heroic effort just to save it. Now I know soon enough to make minor inputs to keep it from going around.
I have the Sports seats with the Carbon back.. They were in when i bought the car. I actually considered getting rid of them, and then woke up ;-) ... even on the street, such amazing control. Can't imagine not having them.

What I am very quickly realizing is that I need to learn to drive.. The tweaking will never stop, but I have a feeling that I am just not breaking enough.. Its mental.. slower into the corners could actually be better times..Period..

Thanks to all for all the comments.
Old 08-20-2010, 01:16 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by extremespeedtrackevents
You made a great choice,I have pss9's on my 99 boxster and I love them.I track it mainly at Willow Springs.
I would only say one thing again - take it slow Lev, do not stress yourself, not of that is worth head banging at a wall, etc. shocks at medium settings will work best for you, then you will start stiffing them up to your taste, your car is as good as 993 cars get so enjoy it in good health.

tomorrow is renegade miata club running, i am not sure if they accept drive-ins but i do not think they will send you away, I plan to be there if you want to come just tell registar you are from NCR PCA.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Mussl Kar
Rennlist Member

Received 410 Likes on 280 Posts

Tomorrows event if full as far as I know. It filled yesterday and the notice says that walk ins will not be allowed. I'll be there with Susan.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Jim Michaels
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to add to the confusion, several comments above seem strange to me. I don't know about PSS9 settings (but I sure like Bilsteins), but I thought it was common knowledge to set the front a bit softer than the rear for autocrossing. When I stiffened the front without stiffening the rear, I get more understeer. Which brings me to the second point. For autocrossing, I prefer a little oversteer to understeer. A little oversteer scares me on track (especially in fast sweepers), but it seems to work fine on an autocross course. I agree with the point about even pressures front and rear working well; at least on my car.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:48 PM
HalM3
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For better rotation we run our front tires 4psi higher than the rears. There are several great handling charts you should print and carry with you in the car to review while on grid. Roger Kraus Racing has a good one.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:12 PM
levtron
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i ran with +4 in the front (36/32) and set my PSS9 to stiffer by 2+ clicks in front then back. Much better handling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Autocross and PSS9