Notices

New 997.2 Carrera S and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:33 PM
rjkjlk4576
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 997.2 Carrera S and Experiences

Purchased my new 911S black on black, 6 speed, back in April 2011 with the following options:
Black Leather Seats
Electronically Adjust Seats
Comfort Package
Infotainment Package
Automatically Dimming Interior
Heated Seats-Front
Heated Steering Wheel
19” Turbo Wheel Forged 2-Tone
Front Seat Ventilation
Dynamic Cornering Light
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Extend Navigation Mod-PCM 3.0
BOSE Surround System
XM Radio
Sport Design Front Apron
Sport Tailpipes
5mm Wheel Spacers

After reading about the various break-in that owners have used I elected to break the car in the highway running about 70-75 miles per hour for at least ½ to ¾ hour each time or longer. Only took two short trips of about 5-10 minutes each. This was for the first 2,000 miles. I also happen over rev first gear twice other than that stayed within 4K to4.5K rpm. Since then I have autocrossed the car three times and the oil level is full at 3,100 miles.

The car is great no complaints. I would have liked to car to have the Porsche Sport Wheels (10 spokes) rather than the Turbo wheels. With time I will be looking to replace them or is someone interested in trading?

The Sport wheel option and Porsche Sport Exhaust would have been the two options I wish the car came with. The car had all the options I wanted plus some extra, but when you are buying a car from the dealer you don’t have a choice.

Tried to make a DE at the end of the year, but registration was full. This will be one of the first things on my list for next year. I will also have the car alignment changed over the winter. Does anyone have any alignment specs they would like to share for either DE events or autocrossing? I realize the negative camber on the front is about -1 degree max. Maybe with a little luck I’ll be able to bet a little more. When I had my 2008 Cayman S it maxed out about -.9 camber.

It’s been great talking about my car and can hardly wait until spring.

Quick Reply: New 997.2 Carrera S and Experiences